As Saab continues to grow its operation in West Lafayette, IN, we are seeking a Senior Planner to join and help lead our world-class production system. The ideal candidate has strong leadership skills, flexibility to collaborate with internal and external customers, and proven experience with creating and delivering integrated strategies in greenfield operations.
Responsibilities will include but are not limited to:
- Provide oversight of the production planning team, acquiring product and systems knowledge as the local expert for systems management to deliver a robust and collaborative production process.
- Establish, communicate, and set production schedules in alignment with business leadership.
- Create capacity and resource planning scenarios, simulations, and presentations.
- Through continuous improvement, actively seek production performance feedback and administer process and working method changes.
- Provide thorough training to the production planning team to ensure they are empowered to support the operation as needed.
- Coach planners and schedulers to develop continuous flow of information, labor, and products without interruptions.
- Assist in developing goals for department leaders and establish Key Performance Indicators to ensure full transparency to backlog, forecast analysis, and aid in business decisions.
- Act as an ambassador for Saab both with co-workers and with suppliers.
- Deliver a people-first culture in alignment with Saab's core values: Trust, Drive, Expertise and Support.
- Model high performance standards through effective communication and follow through on commitments.
- Develop credibility through strong and supportive relationships with Saab stakeholders both in the U.S. and Sweden.
- Assist in continued development and implementation of the Saab ERP tool (IFS) to support advanced Industry 4.0 technologies in planning and simulation.
- Other projects as assigned
Skills and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Economics, Supply Chain Management, Engineering, or similar field required.
- MBA in Supply Chain or related field, or equivalent professional certification is a plus.
- 7+ years of lead scheduling experience in a large-scale operation is desired.
- Simulation, scenario planning, and forecasting experience required.
- Experience working with U.S. government contracts, including FAR/DFAR regulations is a strong plus.
- Experience working in an international environment.
- Effective interpersonal skills to engage, collaborate and create trust at all levels of the organization and across stakeholders is critical.
- Proficiency with ERP systems including data creation and ERP execution.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills are a must.
- Ability to effectively adapt to changing priorities and perspectives in support of the larger operation.
- Proven experience in leading the work flow for a planning or project team.
Must be a U.S. citizen, Permanent Resident (green card holder), or protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3).
Saab is a federal government contractor and adheres to policies and programs necessary for sustaining drug-free workplaces. As a condition of employment, candidates will be required to pass a pre-employment drug screen.
Saab provides an excellent working environment offering professional growth opportunities, competitive wages, work-life balance, business-casual atmosphere and comprehensive benefits:
Medical, vision and dental insurance for employees and dependents
Paid time off including: minimum of 3 weeks vacation, 5 floating holidays, 8 designated holidays, parental leave, personal illness, bereavement, jury duty, long-term and short-term disability
401(k) with immediate vesting on employer match
Student loan assistance
Wellness account, Care.com subscription and employee assistance programs
Employee stock purchase program with employer match
Saab is a leading defense and security company with an enduring mission, to help nations keep their people and society safe. Empowered by its 18,000 talented people, Saab constantly pushes the boundaries of technology to create a safer, more sustainable and more equitable world. In the U.S., Saab delivers advanced technology and systems, supporting the U.S. Armed Forces and the Federal Aviation Administration, as well as international and commercial partners. Headquartered in Syracuse, New York, the company has business units and local employees in seven U.S. locations.
Saab is a company where we see diversity as an asset and offer unlimited opportunities for advancing in your career. We are also a company that respects each person’s needs and encourage employees to lead a balanced, rewarding life beyond work. Saab values diversity and is an Equal Opportunity/ Affirmative Action employer. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply and will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, age, veteran, disability status, or any other federal, state, or locally protected category.