Senior Modelling and Analysis Engineer
At Saab Australia, we’re pioneering Australia’s capability to defend and protect itself with the ongoing development of advanced defence and security technologies. We develop everything from combat, communications and security systems, to mixed reality and cyber security solutions. Over 30 years, we’ve built a proud reputation of driving solutions that keep us ahead of today’s complex challenges and are now seeking our employees of tomorrow to join our thinking edge, as we head toward our next innovative chapter.
Apply today to join our crew and deliver solutions with purpose.
As part of our Maritime group, the Senior Modelling and Analysis Engineer will play a key role in furthering the development of Saab’s 9LV Combat Systems across the full RAN surface fleet.
The Senior Modelling and Analysis Engineer will conduct software modelling activities in support of the delivery of an integrated Combat System and/or conduct trade studies in Combat Systems using appropriate modelling and analysis tools. These modelling activities will include the development and maintenance of sensor and effector modes, and development of constructive models of Combat System configurations used to explore system functionality and performance thereof.
Further, the successful candidate will:
- Provide supervision and direction to other members of the Modelling and Analysis team
- Provide technical oversight of projects as directed
- Lead and contribute to specification and design of models
- Participate in the development and maintenance of software models and associated tools
- Carry out statistical analysis and produce reports on the performance of various aspects of the Combat System
- Develop an understanding of the operational use of the associated system/subsystem/equipment being modelled
- Lead and contribute to the verification and validation planning of models
- Participate in the integration and test of models
- Produce all artefacts required for deliverables and internal reviews
Your skills and experience will include:
- Development of models used to characterize a “systems” performance and/or functional properties
- Five plus years of development of a software intensive system in C++ or similar
- Supervising team members in technical projects
- Working within a team environment solving complex problems
- Sound understanding of statistical methods
- Ability to independently comprehend complex concepts
- Good problem solving skills and the ability to develop creative and innovative solutions
- Tertiary qualification in computer systems, electronic/electrical or similar engineering field
As a defence security clearance is required for this role, applicants must be Australian citizens and eligible to obtain and maintain the appropriate clearance. International Traffic In Arms (ITAR) regulations also apply and your nationality may be a factor in determining your suitability for this role.
Culture and benefits
We now employ over 500 Australians and are committed to fostering a culture of excellence and enriching the employee experience. We offer a fresh and vibrant workplace, with a focus on continuous learning, collaboration and knowledge sharing. We’re an open minded and supportive organisation, where your health, well-being and work-life balance are emphasised and you’ll have the opportunity to develop a long term career.
For further information on our offering, you may visit the page adjacent: https://www.saab.com/markets/australia/careers/saab-life
Click ‘Apply’ to submit your CV and cover letter in support of your application. You may contact our careers team at email@example.com for a copy of the full position description.
Saab Australia is an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourages Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders to apply. We also welcome applications from individuals with culturally diverse backgrounds.
Saab Australia is a proud supporter of the Veterans’ Employment Program and welcomes the interest of ex-service members, veterans and their families.