Saab, Inc. in Syracuse, NY is seeking a dynamic, results-oriented Senior Program Manager to be responsible for the profitable execution of programs within Saab’s Naval Systems segment in our Surveillance division. The preferred candidate will have senior level DoD program management experience and several years expeience working in the Naval Surveillance, Sensor, and/or Fire Control domain. The Senior Program Manager will be responsible for developing and implementing a successful business growth strategy within assigned segment(s), identification, and pursuit of significant new business opportunities, and interfacing across disciplines and departments to achieve business objectives.
Additional responsibilities of the Senior Program Manager will include, but are not limited to:
- Serve as customer Point of Contact (POC)
- Grow relationships in the customer community to service existing programs and find new and unique ways to deploy our technology to meet customer’s needs.
- Own accountability for cost, schedule and technical performance of assigned programs.
- Ensure all projects within assigned program are managed and executed within approved program management processes and contractual requirements.
- Identify and manage risks and opportunities
- Drive Earned Value Management principles and initiatives within the business and use EVMS to report program status internally and externally.
- Provide consistent leadership to the program execution staff to ensure effective and efficient execution of assigned programs.
- Work with functional management to ensure that the program team(s) are adequately staffed to achieve program objectives. Make personnel recommendations in support of key business objectives.
- Ensure performance of subcontractors.
- Work closely with Production, Supply Chain, Sales, and Product Management personnel to maintain institutional knowledge of the competitive landscape in the assigned market segment.
- Develop high quality competitive proposals that facilitate achieving business segment objectives.
- Monitor and guide junior program managers to achieve delivery of quality products and services and contribute to the development and retention of program management talent.
This position will be ideally located in our East Syracuse, New York facility, but we are open to remote workers within a reasonable commuting distance to this facility.
Skills and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Business or related Engineering discipline required.
- 12+ years of Defense Industry Experience in Engineering, Manufacturing, Business, or related discipline.
- 5+ years Program Management experience with Production programs.
- Demonstrated track record participating in large scale defense business capture and execution efforts.
- Possess advanced knowledge of program management standards and best practices (scheduling, cost accounting, EVMS, Risk/Opportunity management).
- Ability to contribute to the development strategy and lead strategic initiatives in support of functional and business objectives.
- Outstanding communication and presentation skills.
- Willingness to travel up to 10% in support of program and business development efforts; remote workers are required to be willing to travel a minimum of 20%.
- Current US Government security clearance or the ability to obtain one
Desired Skills & Experience:
- Advanced degree in Business or a Technical field
- Experience Managing large Naval Programs ($50M-$100M+)
- Experience with large Navy capture efforts
- Program Management Professional (PMP) certification
Must be a U.S. citizen. Applicants selected may be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
Saab is a federal government contractor and adheres to policies and programs necessary for sustaining drug-free workplaces. As a condition of employment, candidates will be required to pass a pre-employment drug screen.
Saab provides an excellent working environment offering professional growth opportunities, competitive wages, work-life balance, business-casual atmosphere and comprehensive benefits:
Medical, vision and dental insurance for employees and dependents
Paid time off including: minimum of 3 weeks vacation, 5 floating holidays, 8 designated holidays, parental leave, personal illness, bereavement, jury duty, long-term and short-term disability
401(k) with immediate vesting on employer match
Student loan assistance
Wellness account, Care.com subscription and employee assistance programs
Employee stock purchase program with employer match
Saab is a leading defense and security company with an enduring mission, to help nations keep their people and society safe. Empowered by its 18,000 talented people, Saab constantly pushes the boundaries of technology to create a safer, more sustainable and more equitable world. In the U.S., Saab delivers advanced technology and systems, supporting the U.S. Armed Forces and the Federal Aviation Administration, as well as international and commercial partners. Headquartered in Syracuse, New York, the company has business units and local employees in seven U.S. locations.
Saab is a company where we see diversity as an asset and offer unlimited opportunities for advancing in your career. We are also a company that respects each person’s needs and encourage employees to lead a balanced, rewarding life beyond work. Saab values diversity and is an Equal Opportunity/ Affirmative Action employer. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply and will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, age, veteran, disability status, or any other federal, state, or locally protected category.