Saab Australia is a defence, security and cyber solutions provider, specialising in the development and integration of major defence and security systems. For over 30 years in Australia, we have built a reputation for delivering complex systems integration projects that provide proven and advanced capabilities to keep us ahead of today’s challenges.
From combat, communications, security and underwater systems, to mixed reality, cyber security and deployable health solutions, our extensive portfolio of products and services provide high-technology solutions for defence forces and civil industries across the globe.
Apply today to join our crew and deliver solutions with purpose.
The Senior Project Managers and Project Managers will provide leadership of a major and/or complex project involving multiple internal and external stakeholders. This includes the day-to-day management of the project team, interaction with other groups within Saab, and engagement with external stakeholders and the end customer.
The Project Manager on Hunter and Hobart will play a key role in furthering the development of Saab's Australian interface and related solutions across the Hunter and Hobart Class Frigate fleet. This will entail managing and delivering the engineering program for extant and future Hunter and Hobart projects. The Anzac Senior Project Managers will perform a similar role across a range of naval engineering change projects for the Anzac FFH Frigates.
The Project Managers for Maritime Products will work in the Maritime product group and manage projects for the Royal Australian Navy and international customers.
The projects will cover the entire engineering life cycle, including systems, software, hardware and safety engineering, and cyber security and ILS.
Each role is responsible for the outcome of the project, including cost, schedule, scope, quality, customer satisfaction and any other project objectives as defined in the contract/project directive.
Further, the successful candidates will:
- Define, manage, and own the scope of work, including schedule, cost and quality outcomes for the project (typically complex engineering change projects for Warships)
- Provide leadership, direction and delegation to the Project Management team, as required
- Develop and mentor junior and developing PMs
- Develop the project approach to achieve project and corporate outcomes as per contract/project directive, including identification of opportunity in order to maximise outcomes
- Prepare, monitor and revise project plans, estimates, cost accounts and schedules for the project to meet the objectives set by the contract/project directive
- Lead and present status at steering committee meetings, gate reviews, customer reviews and progress meetings
Flexible work arrangements such as hybrid work from home / office, 9 day fortnight will be considered for this role.
Your skills and experience will include:
- 5+ years’ experience in project management, preferably naval or defence projects (for PM level)
- 10+ years’ experience in project management, preferably naval or defence projects (for Senior PM level)
- Sound understanding of best practice project management
- Demonstrated understanding of the lifecycle of system development projects
- Demonstrated ability to lead staff within a team environment and to foster cooperation within and between teams
- Demonstrated understanding of planning and earned value management
- Proven ability in internal and external customer liaison
- Experience in producing and reviewing project documentation and plans
- Experience in Earned Value Management (desired)
As a defence security clearance is required for each role, applicants must be Australian citizens and eligible to obtain and maintain a NV1 clearance.
Culture and benefits
We employ over 600 Australians and are committed to fostering a culture of excellence and enriching the employee experience.
By joining Saab, you’ll be a part of a collaborative and supportive organisation, where your professional growth and work-life balance are emphasised. You’ll work within an innovative and vibrant workplace, while having the opportunity to develop a long-term, fulfilling career.
For further information about at career at Saab, visit the page adjacent: https://www.saab.com/markets/australia/careers/saab-life
Click ‘Apply’ to submit your CV and cover letter in support of your application. You may contact our careers team at firstname.lastname@example.org for a copy of the full position description. Kindly observe that this is an ongoing recruitment process and in exceptional circumstances, the position might be filled before the closing date of the advertisement. We encourage applications as early as possible to avoid disappointment.
Saab Australia is an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourages Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders to apply. We also welcome applications from individuals with culturally diverse backgrounds.
Saab Australia is a proud supporter of the Veterans’ Employment Program and welcomes the interest of ex-service members, veterans and their families.