At Saab in West Lafayette, IN, you have the opportunity to join a team that will manufacture the rear section of the T-7A Redhawk military trainer aircraft for the United States Air Force. When at full capacity by 2027, Saab will employ over 250 employees in the West Lafayette facility in management, administration, and manufacturing. The new flagship facility will utilize advanced manufacturing techniques and leverage research and development to support Saab’s broad product portfolio.
As Saab continues to expand their new operation in West Lafayette, IN, we are seeking a Senior QMS & Compliance Engineer to join our team. The Senior QMS & Compliance Engineer will be responsible for coordinating the implementation of a Quality Management System, developing, and executing a risk-based compliance audit plan and facilitating third party certification and customer audit activities.
Key Responsibilities include:
- Work across the organization to coordinate the development and implementation of a Quality Management System that complies with AS9100, Saab Minimum Level of Compliance and Customer requirements.
- Develop a risk-based internal process compliance audit program.
- Coordinate the qualification of resources to ensure an adequate number of personnel are qualified to execute the required audit functions.
- Oversee the execution of the internal compliance audit plan.
- Facilitate third party audits and manage root cause corrective action as required
- Develop KPI to track schedule adherence, site compliance, and corrective action effectiveness and timeliness.
- Identify compliance risks and escalate issues to appropriate levels of management for resolution
- Deliver a people first culture in alignment to Saab leadership vision
- Support other projects as assigned
Skills and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in STEM or related discipline is required
- 7+ years of experience
- Experience within the aerospace industry is a strong plus, but not required
- Knowledge of Quality Management System (QMS), processes, effects, and the relationship between the QMS and products.
- Knowledge of AS9100 requirements
- Excellent organization skills
- Excellent attention to detail, and ability to consistently meet high standards of quality required in QA Compliance.
- Demonstrates strong communication and a collaborative approach to problem-solving
- Experience working as part of an international team is a plus
- Ability to be self-driven and deliver high quality results across a global project team
- Proven analytical and technical problem-solving skills
Must be a U.S. citizen, Permanent Resident (green card holder), or protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3).
Saab is a federal government contractor and adheres to policies and programs necessary for sustaining drug-free workplaces. As a condition of employment, candidates will be required to pass a pre-employment drug screen.
Saab provides an excellent working environment offering professional growth opportunities, competitive wages, work-life balance, business-casual atmosphere and comprehensive benefits:
Medical, vision and dental insurance for employees and dependents
Paid time off including: minimum of 3 weeks vacation, 5 floating holidays, 8 designated holidays, parental leave, personal illness, bereavement, jury duty, long-term and short-term disability
401(k) with immediate vesting on employer match
Student loan assistance
Wellness account, Care.com subscription and employee assistance programs
Employee stock purchase program with employer match
Saab is a leading defense and security company with an enduring mission, to help nations keep their people and society safe. Empowered by its 18,000 talented people, Saab constantly pushes the boundaries of technology to create a safer, more sustainable and more equitable world. In the U.S., Saab delivers advanced technology and systems, supporting the U.S. Armed Forces and the Federal Aviation Administration, as well as international and commercial partners. Headquartered in Syracuse, New York, the company has business units and local employees in seven U.S. locations.
Saab is a company where we see diversity as an asset and offer unlimited opportunities for advancing in your career. We are also a company that respects each person’s needs and encourage employees to lead a balanced, rewarding life beyond work. Saab values diversity and is an Equal Opportunity/ Affirmative Action employer. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply and will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, age, veteran, disability status, or any other federal, state, or locally protected category.