Senior Software Engineer
We have a vacancy for a Senior Software Engineer. This position requires a Technical Team Leader in the Test Engineering Group who is familiar with test systems and development processes as applicable to military and avionics development environments. This position requires expert knowledge of C# software development, deployment and hardware integration.
- Perform a Technical Team Leader role in the execution of a test system development project utilising a team of engineers and technicians
- Provide inputs to project plan, SOW and estimated labour for a test system development project
- Derive lower level sub-system requirements
- Be able to design and implement software architecture according to requirements
- Develop a detailed understanding of the target hardware
- Coordinate and participate in all the design, implementation, integration, test and qualification activities
- Create and maintain development documentation according to the test equipment development process
- Software configuration and version control
- Perform the leading role (scrum master) in an agile development environment
- Coordinate and participate in fault finding, repair and maintenance on assigned test systems
- Interface with Project management team, compile and supply feedback on progress and schedule ust be able to act as a technical team leader
- Ownership and accountability for team delivery
- Advanced C# software development skills
- Test systems for military and avionics products
- DevOps tools, scrum master and pipelining
- Development on National Instruments PXI systems will be an advantage
- Interfacing and the use of RF test equipment, will be an advantage
- 10+ years in C# development
- 5+ years in integrating software on hardware platforms
- 3+ years in a team leader role
- B.Eng. Degree (Electronics) or similar
What you will be a part of
Saab is a global company with operations and employees in about 40 countries around the world. Through innovative, collaborative and pragmatic thinking, Saab constantly develops, adopts and improves new technology to meet customers’ changing needs.
Saab Grintek Defence is a business unit operating within South Africa. The business unit is focused on design, development, integration, testing, documenting and deployment of products for aerospace and defence industries. This position is in the Engineering department.
If you aspire to help create and innovate whilst developing yourself in a challenging team setting, Saab may well have the perfect conditions for you to grow. We pride ourselves on a nurturing environment, where everyone is different yet we share the same goal – to help protect people.