Senior Staff RF Engineer
Saab's Radar Surveillance U.S. division is seeking a highly motivated Senior Staff RF Engineer to support research and development of complex radar, and EW systems.The location of this position is flexible; the successful candidate will have the ability to either work remotely or onsite in the East Syracuse, NY office. Responsibilities will include but are not limited to:
- Design, development, assembly, test and integration of complex RF systems.
- Requirements analysis, trade studies, simulations, modeling and design capture.
- Perform component selection, characterization of transmitters, receivers, exciters, and antennas.
- Work within cross-functional teams that include software, digital, RF, mechanical and systems engineers.
- Work with Technical Leads to ensure technical, cost, and schedule performance is achieved.
- Support business development with technical and cost proposals.
Skills and Experience:
Required Education, Skills and Experience:
- Bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering or related discipline.
- Minimum of 10 years relevant experience.
- Demonstrated expertise in any of the following domains: system concept trade studies, operational analysis, feasibility analysis, system performance measures of effectiveness analysis.
- Experience with design, development, assembly, test and integration of complex RF/Microwave hardware and systems for ground based, shipboard and airborne radars.
- Strong interpersonal skills with ability to build effective working relationships in team environment.
- Must possess excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Proven ability to communicate well with peers, various levels of management and customers.
- Strong work ethic and self-motivation.
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills.
- Must hold or be able to obtain U.S. DoD SECRET security clearance.
Desired Skills and Experience:
- Recognized as the prime technical contact (e.g. SME) on a project and has demonstrated direct customer engagement experience, especially in roles as an advisor to management and customers.
- Demonstrated ability to develop advanced technological ideas and see through development to a final product.
- Experience with engineering design software (HFSS , CST, Genesys).
- PWB layout and engineering best practices.
- Strong computer skills, specifically Excel, PowerPoint and Matlab.
- Hands on experience with tools, test equipment, circuit prototyping and evaluation.
Must be a U.S. citizen. Applicants selected may be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information. As a condition of employment, candidates will be required to participate in a background check that will include, at a minimum, a criminal record check, education and employment verification.
Saab is a global defense and security company operating in the fields of air, land and naval defense, civil security and commercial aeronautics. We number approximately 17,000 employees and have operations on all continents. Technologically we are leaders in many areas, and one-fifth of our earnings are spent on research and development.
Saab is a company where we see diversity as an asset and offer unlimited opportunities for advancing in your career. We are also a company that respects each person’s needs and encourage employees to lead a balanced, rewarding life beyond work. Saab values diversity and is an Equal Opportunity/ Affirmative Action employer. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply and will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, age, veteran, disability status, or any other federal, state, or locally protected category.