Saab Australia is a defence, security and cyber solutions provider, specialising in the development and integration of major defence and security systems. For over 30 years in Australia, we have built a reputation for delivering complex systems integration projects that provide proven and advanced capabilities to keep us ahead of today’s challenges.
From combat, communications, security and underwater systems, to mixed reality, cyber security and deployable health solutions, our extensive portfolio of products and services provide high-technology solutions for defence forces and civil industries across the globe.
Apply today to join our crew and deliver solutions with purpose.
As part of our Maritime group, the Senior Systems Safety Engineer will work on combat systems programs right across the Royal Australian Navy's surface fleet. The role will be pivotal in driving the development, integration and of combat systems across major surface combatant classes, and non-combatant fleet.
Further, the successful candidate will:
- Plan cost-effective and integrated system safety programs that meet safety and schedule objectives
- Advise, coach and guide project teams on the conduct of system safety programs
- Supervise, coach and guide junior system safety engineers working on system safety programs
- Perform system safety program tasks according to approved system safety program plans
- Perform hazard analysis tasks guided covering both physical and functional hazards
- Perform design evaluation, engineering change and System Problem Report safety analyses
- Prepare and maintain system hazard logs
- Produce safety assessment reports / safety case reports
- Plan and lead system safety working groups and workshops
- Support the Team Lead - Systems Safety Engineering in day-to-day team management activities
This role can be based in Adelaide or Melbourne. We also welcome and will offer relocation support to applicants willing to relocate from other states.
Flexible work arrangements such as hybrid work from home / office, 9 day fortnight and part time (0.8 FTE minimum) will be considered for these roles.
Your skills and experience will include:
- Relevant technical qualification in engineering or science
- Safety engineering of complex defence systems
- Demonstrated leadership of safety engineering activities across the system engineering lifecycle
- Working with multi-discipline teams, internal and external stakeholder management, including with the customer
- Effective verbal, written and interpersonal communication
- Combat system and Combat Management System or similar Command & Control systems (desirable)
As a defence security clearance is required for this role, applicants must be Australian citizens and eligible to obtain and maintain a NV1 clearance.
Culture and benefits
We employ over 700 Australians and are committed to fostering a culture of excellence and enriching the employee experience.
By joining Saab, you’ll be a part of a collaborative and supportive organisation, where your professional growth and work-life balance are emphasised. You’ll work within an innovative and vibrant workplace, while having the opportunity to develop a long-term, fulfilling career.
For further information about at career at Saab, visit the page adjacent: https://www.saab.com/markets/australia/careers/saab-life
Click ‘Apply’ to submit your CV and cover letter in support of your application. You may contact our careers team at email@example.com for a copy of the full position description. Kindly observe that this is an ongoing recruitment process and in exceptional circumstances, the position might be filled before the closing date of the advertisement. We encourage applications as early as possible to avoid disappointment.
Saab Australia is an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourages Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders to apply. We also welcome applications from individuals with culturally diverse backgrounds.
Saab Australia is a proud supporter of the Veterans’ Employment Program and welcomes the interest of ex-service members, veterans and their families.