Saab Australia is a defence, security and cyber solutions provider, specialising in the development and integration of major defence and security systems. For over 30 years in Australia, we have built a reputation for delivering complex systems integration projects that provide proven and advanced capabilities to keep us ahead of today’s challenges.
From combat, communications, security and underwater systems, to mixed reality, cyber security and deployable health solutions, our extensive portfolio of products and services provide high-technology solutions for defence forces and civil industries across the globe.
Apply today to join our crew and deliver solutions with purpose.
As part of our Maritime group, the Senior Team Lead – Combat System Engineering will lead a team of Combat Systems Engineers and play a key role in furthering the development of the Saab combat system across the full RAN surface fleet. This role will suit an aspiring engineering leader, seeking to make their next step in the combat system engineering domain.
Further, the successful candidate will:
- Leading a team of engineers in undertaking combat system engineering activities that span applicable elements of the systems engineering lifecycle, including the acquisition of combat system equipment
- Establishing and executing engineering strategies for both internal and subcontracted engineering activities
- Defining the assigned task scope, schedule and effort estimates
- Ensuring appropriate reviews have been undertaken on the team’s systems engineering outputs
- Supporting the definition of the engineering baselines for assigned tasks and managing change to these baselines
- Preparation of materials for and conduct of customer reviews, audits, meetings
Flexible work arrangements such as hybrid work from home / office will be considered for this role.
Your skills and experience will include:
- Tertiary qualifications in engineering, computer science or related technical discipline
- Appropriate experience in the engineering of combat system solutions across the systems engineering lifecycle.
- Demonstrated planning and technical management skills, coupled with strong team leadership/supervision acumen
- Proven ability in internal and external stakeholder management, including with the customer
- Demonstrated knowledge and ability to communicate system engineering process and SE outputs produced over the SE lifecycle
- Demonstrated awareness and ability to address whole of capability/system issues, such as safety and supportability
- Demonstrated knowledge in at least one of the identified elements of the CS domain, e.g. Above-Water Warfare, ASW, C4ISR, Communications, EW etc
As Defence security clearance is required for this role, applicants must be Australian citizens and eligible to obtain and maintain an NV1 clearance.
Culture and benefits
We employ over 700 Australians and are committed to fostering a culture of excellence and enriching the employee experience.
By joining Saab, you’ll be a part of a collaborative and supportive organisation, where your professional growth and work-life balance are emphasised. You’ll work within an innovative and vibrant workplace, while having the opportunity to develop a long-term, fulfilling career.
For further information about at career at Saab, visit the page adjacent: https://www.saab.com/markets/australia/careers/saab-life
Click ‘Apply’ to submit your CV and cover letter in support of your application. You may contact our careers team at email@example.com for a copy of the full position description. Kindly observe that this is an ongoing recruitment process and in exceptional circumstances, the position might be filled before the closing date of the advertisement. We encourage applications as early as possible to avoid disappointment.
Saab Australia is an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourages Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders to apply. We also welcome applications from individuals with culturally diverse backgrounds.
Saab Australia is a proud supporter of the Veterans’ Employment Program and welcomes the interest of ex-service members, veterans and their families.