Saab is a global defense and security company operating in the field of air, land and naval defense and civil security. Now the company is in an expansion phase that will challenge all parts of the company. We are approximately 18 000 employees globally and have operations on all continents.
Saab is a company where we see diversity as an asset and offer multiple opportunities for advancing in your career. By joining Saab IT, you will work in an innovative environment with many skilled colleagues, contributing towards keeping people and society safe.
Your future role
Your role will be one of six Service Owners within Service Area Infrastructure and you will report to the Head of Service Area. You will have an overarching responsibility for managing one of the following services throughout the entire lifecycle, to ensure a relevant, secure and reliable delivery of the service to the end users:
As Service Owner, you will lead several cross-functional teams and work in close cooperation with Service Managers, Line Managers and business representatives to ensure the delivery and continuous development of the services within the Service Area. You are also responsible for managing and making changes within the budget and maintenance plan authorized by the Head of Service Area.
At Saab IT, we are currently developing our ways-of-working. You are expected to be a role model in this transformation and to be an active driver in the continuous improvement toward a more cross-functional and DevSecOps-like way of working.
Your main responsibilities will be:
- Responsible for prioritization of backlog as well as inflow to the backlog (in dialogue with stakeholders)
- Responsible for developing and maintaining the service roadmap & service maintenance plan
- Accountable for Lifecycle management for the services
- Responsible for the design, build, deliver, operation and support for the service throughout the lifecycle
- Drive development and continuous improvement for the service
- Ensure process effectiveness through cost and quality within the service
- Ensure implementation of IT strategies and initiatives within the service
- Responsible for DevOps teams / cross-functional teams; oversee and guide all activities related to development and operations
- Identify staffing needs to DevOps team / resources and work with line managers to allocate team
You will be located in one of our locations in Linköping, Göteborg, Alvik, Huskvarna, Malmö or Karlskrona.
We are looking for YOU, who would like to join us in our journey towards the Infrastructure Vision.
For us, your mindset and beliefs are important and we value that as a part of our working culture.
For the role of Service Owner, we believe that you have some of the following skills or experiences:
- Master/Bachelor of Science degree or equivalent work experience within relevant area (Computer Science or related field)
- Good understanding of business and financial management
- Strong leadership skills
- Deep knowledge about IT Service Management
- Experience of DevSecOps working methods
- Knowledge in Project Management
- Knowledge or experience of Security standards (ISO 27 000, NIST, CMMC etc.)
- Business acumen and experience in strategic, tactical & operational planning
- Proficient in both Swedish and English
- Good communicative skills
To succeed in the role, you must be proactive and future oriented and have a great interest in technology. Furthermore, we believe you have a customer oriented and business-like focus, with a good analytical and problem solving mindset. You are probably used to work independently but you are also an excellent team player. To thrive with us, you need to be service minded and like to work in an environment where conditions can change at short notice based on users' needs. Your most important quality is that you have the will, interest and commitment to learn.
This position requires that you pass a security vetting based on the current regulations around/of security protection. For positions requiring security clearance additional obligations on citizenship may apply.
What you will be part of
Saab IT is a core business enabler, making it possible for Saab’s business to push intellectual and technological boundaries. We are about 1100 people in 30 different locations all over the world, close to the business and always one step ahead, to anticipate and deliver tomorrows IT demand.
Read more about our company here, and if you want to know our people, here you can find some stories told by our employees.
Saab is a company with a strong people-orientation. We offer a friendly work environment where we support and help each other to be at our best. Continuous learning, career & talent development and employee well-being are examples of areas where we always put the strongest effort to offer great opportunities.