The United States Marine Corps (USMC) Force-on-Force Training Systems-Next (FoFTS-Next) program will provide the training tools needed to prepare Marines for any contingency, anywhere.
Saab, Inc has an exciting opportunity for a Site Lead to provide integral support to the FoFTS-Next program at Camp Lejeune, NC. The Site Lead will be responsible for the overall site staff performance and training execution. This position will lead Team Saab support teams and manage the operations at the allocated Site in line with the contract deliverables.
The Site Lead manages the planning, preparation and delivery of all training events assigned to the Site, as well as ensures that the exercising units receives the proper training on the capabilities of the program equipment and the Contractor Regional Operations Warehouse (CROW) staff is coordinating with the training unit before and during training to ensure that they have required to utilize its full potential and receive the maximum training benefit.
Join our team as we assist the Marines in revolutionizing their force-on-force training methodology!
- Responsible for all aspects of personnel development, on the job training and formal courses for Site personnel.
- Reports to the Training Operations Manager in all matters concerning operational support to MCTIS at the fielded location and Non-Homesite Training activities.
- Manages the CROW site staff and any attached personnel to ensure that the operations are carried out in accordance with the contract, local laws, and regulations, defined processes, policies, and strategies.
- Provides input to and manages the Site budget (Cost, investments, staffing) for the Site in question.
- Advises USMC staff and exercising troops on how to get the best from the system, is proactive in supporting all elements of the Master Events List.
- Working with the Operations Officer and Deputy Site Lead, assigns support staff to exercise taskings and creates the Exercise Coordinating Instructions for all Training events at Co-Level and above.
- Supervises all MCTIS exercise support activity at the fielded location and Non-Homesite Training activities.
- Is responsible for the day-to-day management of all OSHA related activities at site in accordance with local laws and regulations.
- Produces a Post Exercise Report for each MCCRE, SLTE, and MWX that take place at the Homesite Station. Produces the Training Utilization Report and provides input to the mandated MCTIS reports for the assigned MCTIS training capability.
- Reports operational status to the Capability Manager in accordance with the quality procedures.
- Ensures that the MCTIS training systems are maintained, and that the configuration is kept as specified.
- Leads the Preventive and Corrective maintenance activity.
- Leads the troubleshooting at the CROW.
- Handles purchasing and shipments related to the CROW.
- Is responsible for the maintenance, serviceability, and resupply of the team’s vehicles.
- Ensures that spare stock holdings are fit for purpose and that defined stock targets are met.
- Ensures that adequate processes and business management guidelines are in place and are kept updated.
- Report effectiveness, efficiency and need for improvement of the system to the Saab Quality & Environmental Manager.
- Shares best practice and ensures continuous improvement.
- Is responsible for all security aspects at the CROW and Deploy for Training activities.
- Is responsible for the daily management of Health & Safety at site in accordance with local laws and regulations.
- Ensures that Site Work Instructions (WI/SOP) are up to date and changes communicated to the CROW staff.
- Maintains and updates the CROW Competence Matrix.
- Acts as the Saab Security Manager’s contact person in all security matters.
- Assists in educating Site personnel in security matters.
- Suggests security actions.
- Reports incidents to the Training Operations Manager and Saab Security Manager.
- Checks the identity of any unauthorized person who stays within the Site.
- Checks that locking devices, doors, fencing and other roped off areas are effective. All defects shall be reported to the Security Manager in the Incident Report System.
- During absence from Site, appoints a deputy and, together with the Security Manager, educates the deputy in the Security undertakings.
Compensation Range: $108,000-$137,700
The compensation range provided is a general guideline. When extending an offer, Saab, Inc. considers factors including (but not limited to) the role and associated responsibilities, location, and market and business considerations, as well as the candidate's work experience, key skills, and education/training.
Skills and Experience:
- Former USMC officer (LtCol or above) or Senior SNCO (MSgt or above)
- BA/BS degree in an engineering, business, or related discipline and 10+ years of experience
- Understanding of USMC Combined Arms tactics; Tactics, Techniques & Procedures
- TES/Simulator experience
- Experience leadings teams upwards of 50 personnel (10+ years)
- Financial management experience
- Hiring experience
- Experience conducting employee evaluations and counseling
- Heavy lifting (50 lbs. maximum)
- Potential for extreme weather conditions (over 90 degrees, or below 30 degrees)
- US Driving License
- Must be able to obtain and maintain a Secret Clearance
- If required, able to travel for up to 14-days to conduct training or support a training event
Must be a U.S. citizen. Applicants selected may be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
Saab is a federal government contractor and adheres to policies and programs necessary for sustaining drug-free workplaces. As a condition of employment, candidates will be required to pass a pre-employment drug screen.
Saab provides an excellent working environment offering professional growth opportunities, competitive wages, work-life balance, business-casual atmosphere and comprehensive benefits:
Medical, vision and dental insurance for employees and dependents
Paid time off including: minimum of 3 weeks vacation, 5 floating holidays, 8 designated holidays, parental leave, personal illness, bereavement, jury duty, long-term and short-term disability
401(k) with immediate vesting on employer match
Student loan assistance
Wellness account, Care.com subscription and employee assistance programs
Employee stock purchase program with employer match
Saab is a leading defense and security company with an enduring mission, to help nations keep their people and society safe. Empowered by its 19,000 talented people, Saab constantly pushes the boundaries of technology to create a safer, more sustainable and more equitable world. In the U.S., Saab delivers advanced technology and systems, supporting the U.S. Armed Forces and the Federal Aviation Administration, as well as international and commercial partners. Headquartered in Syracuse, New York, the company has business units and local employees in eight U.S. locations.
Saab is a company where we see diversity as an asset and offer unlimited opportunities for advancing in your career. We are also a company that respects each person’s needs and encourage employees to lead a balanced, rewarding life beyond work. Saab values diversity and is an Equal Opportunity/ Affirmative Action employer. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply and will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, age, veteran, disability status, or any other federal, state, or locally protected category.