At Saab, we are constantly looking ahead and pushing boundaries on what´s considered technically possible. Saab is expanding in the UK and we are now seeking multiple talented and highly motivated Software developers to support our radar operations at our Farnborough office.
What you will become a part of
Business Area Surveillance offers effective solutions for surveillance, decision support and systems used to detect and deter different kinds of threats. The product portfolio includes airborne, land based and marine radar systems, systems for signal reconnaissance, command and communications systems as well as systems for leading seafaring vessels and air traffic.
You will be a part of the business unit Radar Solutions, which is responsible for the radar development and more specifically the engineering organization with headquarters in Gothenburg Sweden but based in the Farnborough office. The engineering organization consists of a number of departments where you will belong to the department Command and Control West, which is responsible for the Command and Control ground based air defence systems.
Your role at Saab
Command and Control West are looking for software developers for a team in Farnborough. You will be a part of an agile team who together plan and organize their own work. The team is responsible for design, implementation and test of software functionality. As a member of a team, you will have influence on our technical solutions as well as our ways of working.
Your team will primary be based in Farnborough, UK but you will spend a considerable amount of training and working in Gothenburg, Sweden, especially at the beginning of your employment.
The amount of software and its complexity is rapidly increasing in our products. We need to be both smarter and faster in our problem solving. We hope that you will be one of our new key designers when it comes to taking our products to the next level.
Briefly, your tasks will be together with your team:
- Analyze Requirements and design object oriented software
- Develop application software in Java
- Integration and test
- Interaction with colleagues inside and outside your team, especially with teams located in Sweden
- Participate in team meetings such as sprint planning, daily scrum and retrospective
Who you are today
- As a person you are positive, social, result oriented and a team player with a background or education within IT, programming, data science or systems engineering
- Enjoying to work and develop in a team
- Like cooperating with other but are capable of working individually as well
- Experience working with application software
- Interested in Agile ways of working
- Good technical communication skills
- During your employment you will handle tasks and materials that are classed as military secrecy and therefore you must have a UK or Swedish citizenship
Saab is a global defence and security company in the fields of air, land and naval defence, civil security and commercial aeronautics. We number 18,000+ employees and have operations on all continents. Technologically we are leaders in many areas, and one fourth of our earnings are spent on research and development.
Saab is also a company with opportunities. A company where we see diversity as an asset and where you have both considerable responsibility and good opportunities for advancing in your career. But also a company that respects each person’s needs for a rewarding life beyond work.
If you aspire to help create and innovate whilst developing yourself in a challenging team setting, Saab may well have the perfect conditions for you to grow. We pride ourselves on a nurturing environment, where everyone is different yet we share the same goal – to help protect people.