Software Developers to Naval Systems
Welcome to the naval side of life! We are now looking for developers to join in our mission to create striking performance – the 9LV CMS. To make this engine going we cover all development, from bottom to top, meaning platform solutions all the way to user applications. You want to have the wide perspective, mixed with technical depth and a hint of English? Hey, you just found us!
The team is responsible for design, implementation and test of the software as well as first line of support for the development environment. As a member of the team, you have the opportunity to learn from each other and have much influence on our products, technical solutions, as well as our ways of working.
We have teams focusing on all aspects of software development and are now looking to grow with following aspects in mind:
- Development of application software – Java, C++, Ada
- Linux environment and operating systems – Python, Go
- Virtualization and containerization – Docker, Git, VMware
- Test automation and verification of the software
- Continuous integration, continuous deployment and DevOps
- Agile methods, sprint planning, daily scrum and retrospective
As a person, you are truly a doer, willing to get hands-on solving any problems needed to help the product and the organisation move forward. You have a collaborative mind-set and you are a team player that encourages an open, trustful and innovative climate.
You are probably a good match if you can relate to at least three of these statements:
- You like facing challenges as a team
- You like expanding your skillset
- Agile ways of working and DevOps
- You aim for high quality and at being genuinely proud of your work
- You are an experienced software engineer ready to face new complex tasks
- You are a graduate with an eagerness to work with something that makes an impact in the world
- You want to work at a large international company
- Experience from software development, virtualisation and/or network configuration
- You like working both in teams and independently
- Good communication skills in speaking and writing (Swedish and English)
- Bachelor’s degree within Science/Engineering/Technology, within computer science, engineering physics or equivalent
- Master’s degree within Science/Engineering/Technology, within computer science, engineering physics or equivalent
- Good knowledge of Java
- Good knowledge of Linux and Debian
This position requires that you pass a security vetting based on the current regulations around/of security protection. For positions requiring security clearance additional obligations on citizenship may apply. Kindly observe that this is an ongoing recruitment process and that the position might be filled before the closing date of the advertisement.
What you will be part of
Saab is a global defence and security company in the fields of air, land and naval defence, civil security and commercial aeronautics. We number 17 400 employees and have operations on all continents. Technologically we are leaders in many areas, and one fourth of our earnings are spent on research and development.
Saab is also a company with opportunities. A company where we see diversity as an asset and where you have both considerable responsibility and good opportunities for advancing in your career. But also a company that respects each person’s needs for a rewarding life beyond work.
Our Combat Systems business unit supplies world leading Command and Control systems, product and services to the armed forces. We operate globally with local sites in Sweden, Australia and Finland.
Below links gives you a hint of what you will be part in building. Welcome aboard!
If you aspire to help create and innovate whilst developing yourself in a learning culture, Saab may well have the perfect conditions for you to grow. We pride ourselves on a nurturing environment, where everyone is different yet we share the same goal – to keep people and society safe.