Software Engineer - Land
Saab Australia is a defence, security and cyber solutions provider, specialising in the development and integration of command and control systems. For over 30 years in Australia, we have built a reputation for achieving complex systems integration projects that deliver proven and advanced capabilities to keep us ahead of today’s complex challenges.
From combat, communications and security systems, to mixed reality, cyber security and deployable health solutions, our extensive portfolio of products and services provide high-technology solutions for defence forces and civil industries across the globe.
Apply today to join our crew and deliver solutions with purpose.
As a Software Engineer in our Land group, you will specify, design, develop, document, test and maintain a range of software components, simulators and test code across our ground based air defence and battle management systems.
Further, as the successful candidate, you will:
- Develop an understanding of the operational use of the associated system under development
- Participate in the specification of modifications to software components
- Design, implement and test software components to meet the specified requirements
- Produce all artefacts required for deliverables and internal reviews
- Participate in reviews of software and documentation as required
- Identify and prioritise tasks in consultation with the Team Leader and other team members
- Work independently and as part of a team
- Plan, prioritise and deliver assigned tasks within the agreed scope and schedule
- Track and report progress on assigned tasks and notify any potential schedule or technical issues to the Team Leader
Your skills and experience will include:
- Tertiary qualification in software engineering, computer science, or related technical discipline
- Writing software requirements for software components within software intensive systems
- Designing software components within software intensive systems
- Developing software components within software intensive systems using C++ and Java
- Testing software components within software intensive systems
- Documenting system behaviour including in technical manuals
- Defect resolution of legacy software components within software intensive systems
- Contemporary software development standards, principles and best practices
- Ada, Bash, and Python (desirable)
- Dockers, DDS, JIRA, Fisheye, Crucible, Jenkins, Git, VMWare or VSphere, DOORS, and Automated Test Frameworks (desirable)
Applicants must be Australian citizens and eligible to obtain and maintain a NV1 defence clearance.
Culture and benefits
We employ over 500 Australians and are committed to fostering a culture of excellence and enriching the employee experience.
By joining Saab, you’ll be a part of a collaborative and supportive organisation, where your professional growth and work-life balance are emphasised. You’ll work within an innovative and vibrant workplace, while having the opportunity to develop a long-term, fulfilling career.
For further information about at career at Saab, visit the page adjacent: https://www.saab.com/markets/australia/careers/saab-life
Click ‘Apply’ to submit your CV and cover letter in support of your application. You may contact our careers team at firstname.lastname@example.org for a copy of the full position description.
Saab Australia is an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourages Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders to apply. We also welcome applications from individuals with culturally diverse backgrounds.
Saab Australia is a proud supporter of the Veterans’ Employment Program and welcomes the interest of ex-service members, veterans and their families.