As part of our Chief Engineer group, the Software Engineer - Space Domain will be working on the design, development and testing of space domain mission system products, within the Saab development environment or within the Defence research environment. You will be responsible for the technical delivery of software in areas including user interfaces, data interfaces, and core system functionality and will work closely with the broader engineering team and external stakeholders to deliver to product roadmap outcomes.
Further, the successful candidate will:
- Perform software engineering activities, including software design, implementation and unit testing for assigned tasks
- Maintain and improve existing software component to resolve bugs, issues and enhance code quality
- Develop detailed software solutions that meet software component needs and use cases
- Perform integration testing of software components and services to verify that software outcomes have been achieved
- Document software solutions and architectures through design descriptions, diagrams and process flows
- Provide software development guidance in support of technical prioritisation and product scoping
Flexible work arrangements such as hybrid work from home / office, 9 day fortnight and part time (0.8 FTE minimum) will be considered for this role.
Your skills and experience will include:
- Experience in one or more of the following areas:
- Development of web applications or other Front End user interface design
- Backend software development technologies – e.g., API development, micro-services and containerization
- Software design, architecture and specifications
- Experience using object-orientated programming languages such as C#, Java or C++
- Experience in producing product and technical documentation
- Experience in space domain awareness mission systems
- Experience with system engineering workflows and practices
- Experience with software development in a collaborative product development environment
As Defence security clearance is required for this role, applicants must be Australian citizens and eligible to obtain and maintain an NV1 clearance.
Saab Australia is a defence, security and cyber solutions provider, specialising in the development and integration of major defence and security systems. For over 30 years in Australia, we have built a reputation for delivering complex systems integration projects that provide proven and advanced capabilities to keep us ahead of today’s challenges.
From combat, communications, security and underwater systems, to mixed reality, cyber security and deployable health solutions, our extensive portfolio of products and services provide high-technology solutions for defence forces and civil industries across the globe.
Apply today to join our crew and deliver solutions with purpose.
Culture and benefits
We employ over 900 Australians and are committed to fostering a culture of excellence and enriching the employee experience.
By joining Saab, you’ll be a part of a collaborative and supportive organisation, where your professional growth and work-life balance are emphasised. You’ll work within an innovative and vibrant workplace, while having the opportunity to develop a long-term, fulfilling career.
As a valued team member of Saab Australia, you’ll access a variety of perks and benefits to support you and your family including:
- 6 weeks paid leave each year
- 13% Superannuation
- Free Income Protection Insurance
- Flexible working options
- Access to the Saab shares matching scheme
- Access to MySaab; our online store offering everything from cash back at hundreds of stores to discounts from exclusive partners
For further information about a career at Saab, visit the page adjacent: https://www.saab.com/markets/australia/careers/saab-life
Click ‘Apply’ to submit your CV and cover letter in support of your application. You may contact our careers team at email@example.com for a copy of the full position description. Kindly observe that this is an ongoing recruitment process and in exceptional circumstances, the position might be filled before the closing date of the advertisement. We encourage applications as early as possible to avoid disappointment.
By submitting an application to Saab, you consent to undertaking workforce screening activities including, but not limited to: reference checks, Australian Federal Police check, verification of working rights and qualifications, sanctions screening and a pre-employment medical declaration.
Saab Australia is an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourages Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders to apply. We also welcome applications from individuals with culturally diverse backgrounds.
Saab Australia is a proud supporter of the Veterans’ Employment Program and welcomes the interest of ex-service members, veterans and their families.