Join us in creating the most innovative robotic technology for the harshest environment in the deepest oceans and most turbulent waters.
We lead the world with the most advanced engineering, electronics and software systems for pioneering electric underwater technology.
We don’t just create products – we are revolutionising the underwater world. So come and be part of an innovative and agile team that is dedicated to smart and inspired technology that is rapidly changing the future of underwater robotics.
Job Purpose: To design and implement application or embedded software solutions for underwater robotics applications in line with the company’s business needs through innovation, creativity and professionalism. You will be a team player, who is proactive and able to work with minimal supervision either on your own or within project teams.
· Bachelor's degree from an accredited college in a related discipline, or equivalent experience/combined education.
· 3+ years’ experience development of application software in C or C++ in commercial environment
· Experience of Full-lifecycle product design: from specification to production
· Developing and debugging software for application software in Visual studio (2013, 2017, 2022)
· Experience of change management systems such as SVN and Git
· Experience of working on Windows 10 IoT or Linux (Ubuntu)
· Excellent communication skills (written/spoken)
· GUI Development experience (.Net GUI framework, Qt 6.2 or previous versions)
· Experience of application development for Linux OS
· Experience of using Microsoft DevOps
General accountabilities and responsibilities:
· Work alongside the technical leads to define and design the software architecture across a complex distributed system
· Conceptual design at both architecture and module level
· Develop, and manage the development of, codebases to high quality standards according to coding guidelines
· Devise test strategies and toolsets
· Broad-spread technical skillset: from Application-level development (Windows/Linux) through to embedded software and simulation
· Undertake national and international travel in support of the company’s technical objectives
· To act ethically, with integrity and in the best interest of the business at all times.
· To maintain a professional and supportive relationship with team members and other departments in order to deliver business and delivery objectives or deadlines.
· To carry out any other duties as detailed by your Supervisor or Manager from time to time.
· To keep good time management to minimise any wasted time and maximise
productivity and effectiveness.
Quality, health, safety and environment (QHSE)
· Cooperate with the company to achieve a healthy, safe and sustainable working environment
· Work in ways that ensure your own safety and that of others; “Do the right thing even when no one is looking.”
· Report any incidents, near misses or other health, safety and environmental concerns
· Deliver all products and services in line with Saab Seaeye quality standards to ensure we meet our customer requirements and highlight any quality concerns or potential improvements.