Software Engineers - Naval Systems
Do you want to drive innovation and deliver complex systems to keep people and society safe?
At Saab Australia, we’re a defence, security and cyber solutions provider, specialising in the development and integration of command and control systems.
For over 30 years in Australia, we have built a reputation for achieving complex systems integration projects that deliver proven and advanced capabilities and keep us ahead of today’s complex challenges.
From combat, communications and security systems, to mixed reality, cyber security and deployable health solutions, our extensive portfolio of products and services provide high-technology solutions for defence forces and civil industries across the globe.
Apply today to join our crew and deliver solutions with purpose.
Whether you have experience in the defence industry, or have a background in resources, oil & gas, rail, aviation or automotive – Saab is seeking Software Engineers who are ready to play a part in shaping Australia’s national shipbuilding enterprise.
The positions will sit within the development team in our Melbourne office, with extensive support from our established Adelaide-based team.
Some of the key duties of the role, include:
- Participating in the development and maintenance of software components and associated simulators
- Developing an understanding of the operational use of the associated system under development
- Participating in the specification of software components
- Designing, implementing and testing software components to meet the specified requirements in accordance with approved software engineering processes, design rules and guidelines
- Producing all artefacts required for deliverables and internal reviews
- Participating in reviews of software and documentation as required
Your skills and experience may include:
- Knowledge about contemporary software development standards, principles and best practices
- Developing enterprise quality software in Java, Ada, C++ or similar
- Implementing agile software development methodologies
- Designing, developing and testing software components within software intensive systems
- Defect resolution of legacy software components within software intensive systems
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to work with others in a team environment
Saab is the Combat Management System Enterprise Partner to the Australian Defence Force.
This role presents opportunities for you to grow your career in software engineering across a range of Saab Australia’s naval programs, including:
- Hunter class frigates
- Anzac class frigates
- Canberra class Landing Helicopter Dock
- Hobart class Air Warfare Destroyers
- Arafura class Offshore Patrol Vessels
- Supply class Auxiliary Oiler Replenishment Vessels
- International naval programs
Culture and Benefits
We employ over 550 Australians and are committed to fostering a culture of excellence and enriching the employee experience.
By joining Saab, you’ll be a part of a collaborative and supportive organisation, where your professional growth and work-life balance are emphasised.
You’ll work within an innovative and vibrant workplace, while having the opportunity to develop a long-term, fulfilling career.
For further information about at career at Saab, visit the page adjacent: https://www.saab.com/markets/australia/careers/saab-life
Click ‘Apply’ to submit your CV and cover letter in support of your application. You may contact our careers team at firstname.lastname@example.org for a copy of the full position description.
As Defence security clearance is required for this role, applicants must be Australian citizens and eligible to obtain and maintain an NV1 clearance.
Saab Australia is an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourages Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders to apply.
We also welcome applications from individuals with culturally diverse backgrounds.
Saab Australia is a proud supporter of the Veterans’ Employment Program and welcomes the interest of ex-service members, veterans and their families.