Software Engineers - Naval Systems
At Saab Australia, we’re pioneering Australia’s defence capability with ongoing development of advanced defence and security technologies. Saab develops everything from combat, communications and security systems, to mixed reality, cyber security and deployable health solutions.
For over 30 years, we have built a proud reputation of driving solutions that keep us ahead of today’s complex challenges and we are now seeking our employees-of-tomorrow to join our thinking edge, as we head towards our next innovative chapter. Apply today to join our crew and deliver solutions with purpose.
As part of our Maritime group, these roles will play a key role in furthering the development of Saab's 9LV combat management system across the full RAN surface fleet.
Further, the successful candidate will:
- Participate in the development and maintenance of software components and associated simulators
- Develop an understanding of the operational use of the associated system under development
- Participate in the specification of software components
- Design, implementation and testing of software components to meet the specified requirements
- Produce all artefacts required for deliverables and internal reviews
- Participate in reviews of software and documentation
- Track and report progress on assigned tasks and notify any potential schedule or technical issues to the Team Leader
Your skills and experience will include:
- Tertiary qualifications in software engineering, computer science, or related technical discipline
- Knowledge and experience in the full software development lifecycle and various software development methodologies
- Specific or relatable experience in one or more of the following:
- Defence systems and subsystems e.g. weapons, sonar, radar and communications
- Programming in Java, Ada, C++, Python, Bash, Go etc
- Human Machine Interface development
- Tools and technologies such as Dockers, Jenkins, DDS and Linux
- Software and Hardware systems integration
- Well-developed verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills, with the ability to work proficiently as part of a team
As Defence security clearance is required for this role, applicants must be Australian citizens and eligible to obtain and maintain clearance to an NV1 level.
Culture and benefits
We employ over 500 Australians and are committed to fostering a culture of excellence and enriching the employee experience. By joining Saab, you’ll be a part of a collaborative and supportive organisation, where your professional growth and work-life balance are emphasised. You’ll work within an innovative and vibrant workplace and have the opportunity to develop a long-term, fulfilling career.
For further information on our offering, you may visit the page adjacent: https://www.saab.com/markets/australia/careers/saab-life
Click ‘Apply’ to submit your CV and cover letter in support of your application. You may contact our careers team at email@example.com for further information about the role.
Saab Australia is an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourages Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders to apply. We also welcome applications from individuals with culturally diverse backgrounds.
Saab Australia is a proud supporter of the Veterans’ Employment Program and welcomes the interest of ex-service members, veterans and their families.