Software Integration Team Lead
Saab Australia is a defence, security and cyber solutions provider, specialising in the development and integration of command and control systems. For over 30 years in Australia, we have built a reputation for achieving complex systems integration projects that deliver proven and advanced capabilities to keep us ahead of today’s complex challenges.
From combat, communications and security systems, to mixed reality, cyber security and deployable health solutions, our extensive portfolio of products and services provide high-technology solutions for defence forces and civil industries across the globe.
Apply today to join our crew and deliver solutions with purpose.
Working in our Maritime group that manages and delivers a common Combat Management System (CMS) product into multiple Royal Australian Navy (RAN) projects and ship platforms, the Software Integration Team Lead will plan and manage the development of their team’s software components for assigned modules. This role reports to the Senior Team Lead – Software Operations.
Further, the successful candidate will:
- Take the key outputs of the requirements development process and translate those outputs into a compliant CMS design
- Lead, coordinate and guide a software development team in the production of CMS software and associated artefacts
- Discuss and agree upon the software scope, design and implementation for CMS
- Prepare, monitor and revise software development estimates and forecast
- Deliver the CMS software to the agreed scope, quality and cost
- Resolve CMS associated System Performance Reports (SPRs) and tickets allocated to the team
- Provide technical leadership and coaching to software team members
- Actively manage team members’ performance, include goal setting and feedback
Your skills and experience will include:
- Large software projects, preferably in a defence environment
- Understanding of the lifecycle of large software development projects
- Producing and reviewing technical documentation
- Ideally, at least one of the following languages: Java, C++/C# and/or Ada
- Interpretation and application of software standards
- Products, development environment and the tools used to develop and support the software
- Full software engineering lifecycle
- Well-developed written and oral communication skills
- Good problem solving skills and the ability to develop creative and innovative solutions
This role can be performed on a full time or part time (minimum 0.7 FTE) basis.
As Defence security clearance is required for this role, applicants must be Australian citizens and eligible to obtain and maintain appropriate clearance
Culture and benefits
We employ over 500 Australians and are committed to fostering a culture of excellence and enriching the employee experience.
By joining Saab, you’ll be a part of a collaborative and supportive organisation, where your professional growth and work-life balance are emphasised. You’ll work within an innovative and vibrant workplace, while having the opportunity to develop a long-term, fulfilling career.
For further information about at career at Saab, visit the page adjacent: https://www.saab.com/markets/australia/careers/saab-life
Click ‘Apply’ to submit your CV and cover letter in support of your application. You may contact our careers team at email@example.com for a copy of the full position description.
Saab Australia is an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourages Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders to apply. We also welcome applications from individuals with culturally diverse backgrounds.
Saab Australia is a proud supporter of the Veterans’ Employment Program and welcomes the interest of ex-service members, veterans and their families.