Software Integration/Platform Engineer
Saab Australia is a defence, security and cyber solutions provider, specialising in the development and integration of major defence and security systems. For over 30 years in Australia, we have built a reputation for delivering complex systems integration projects that provide proven and advanced capabilities to keep us ahead of today’s challenges.
From combat, communications, security and underwater systems, to mixed reality, cyber security and deployable health solutions, our extensive portfolio of products and services provide high-technology solutions for defence forces and civil industries across the globe.
Apply today to join our crew and deliver solutions with purpose.
As part of our Maritime group, the Software Integration/Platform Engineer will play a key role in furthering the development of Saab’s combat management system solutions across the complete RAN surface fleet.
The Assured Computing Environment - Runtime (ACER) is a Linux based secure runtime platform upon which the Saab Combat Management System (CMS) runs. The role will be responsible for the specification, design, development and documentation of the ACER platform in collaboration with the global ACER team.
Further, the successful candidate will:
- Design and implementation of new capabilities
- Develop and evolve the existing capabilities
- Consider cyber security impacts and implications in all aspects of development
- Assist in the development and maintenance of CI/CD pipelines
- Assist in addressing technology obsolesce
- Investigate and address reported issues
- Support customer projects with integration
- Work in a collaborative global development team
Your skills and experience will include:
- Tertiary qualifications in systems engineering, software engineering, computer science, or related technical discipline.
- Experience in producing and reviewing technical documentation.
- Well-developed communication skills (both written and oral), with the ability to perform strongly in a team environment
- Good problem solving skills and the ability to develop creative and innovative solutions.
- Significant experience in software integration, continuous integration/delivery, test automation and DevOps tools and workflows covering technologies such as Kubernetes, and Jenkins
- Experience with configuration management and automatic deployment tools such as Ansible
- Significant experience with containerization and virtualization technologies such as Docker and ESXi
- Experience in scripting languages such as Python, Bash, Go
- Significant experience with the Linux operating system
As an NV1 Defence security clearance is required for this role, applicants must be Australian citizens and eligible to obtain and maintain appropriate clearance.
Culture and benefits
We employ over 500 Australians and are committed to fostering a culture of excellence and enriching the employee experience.
By joining Saab, you’ll be a part of a collaborative and supportive organisation, where your professional growth and work-life balance are emphasised. You’ll work within an innovative and vibrant workplace, while having the opportunity to develop a long-term, fulfilling career.
For further information about at career at Saab, visit the page adjacent: https://www.saab.com/markets/australia/careers/saab-life
Click ‘Apply’ to submit your CV and cover letter in support of your application. You may contact our careers team at email@example.com for a copy of the full position description.
Saab Australia is an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourages Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders to apply. We also welcome applications from individuals with culturally diverse backgrounds.
Saab Australia is a proud supporter of the Veterans’ Employment Program and welcomes the interest of ex-service members, veterans and their families.