Saab Australia is a defence, security and cyber solutions provider, specialising in the development and integration of major defence and security systems.
For over 30 years in Australia, we have built a reputation for delivering complex systems integration projects that provide proven and advanced capabilities to keep us ahead of today’s challenges.
From combat, communications, security and underwater systems, to mixed reality, cyber security and deployable health solutions, our extensive portfolio of products and services provide high-technology solutions for defence forces and civil industries across the globe.
Apply today to join our crew and deliver solutions with purpose.
The Chief Engineer Pool has been established to provide timely resource support to the Saab Australia business where there are dynamic or urgent surge requirements or engineering competencies required to expand into new domains.
The Software Integrators role within the Chief Engineer pool are focused on providing software based integration support on an ad-hoc or as needs basis across the businesses space domain.
Further, the successful candidate(s) will:
- Provide technical advice and direct integration support to projects or business areas where there is a requirement for urgent support
- Work with the CE group, or other relevant teams, to execute relevant business improvement or innovation initiatives
- Support Space domain business pursuits and project activities conducted by the CE Group.
- Provide support on the application of engineering related process and methods, especially relating to integration, on projects, tenders and other business activities
- Support the tender process by providing integration estimates for bids and proposals.
- Provide coaching and mentoring within a specific domain area or general engineering integration
- Provide ‘consultant’ services to projects where engineering support is required through both direct contribution and offering a ‘sounding board’ to project teams and leadership in the conduct of Software Systems Integration
- As directed, drive the improvement of engineering integration capability in the company
Flexible work arrangements such as hybrid work from home / office will be considered for this role.
Your skills and experience will include:
- A 4 year engineering degree or otherwise supporting eligibility for CPEng
- Significant experience in the planning and conduct of product and systems software integration.
- An understanding of the full systems engineering lifecycle, especially product and systems integration, and common guiding standards
- Experience in large scale projects involving multi-disciplinary engineering teams and execution of discipline related activities
- Proven problem solving skills in a complex integration environment.
- Coaching and mentoring experience across Engineering teams
- Good communication skills, including ability to influence, develop and promote change
As Defence security clearance is required for this role, applicants must be Australian citizens and eligible to obtain and maintain an NV1 clearance.
Culture and benefits
We employ over 600 Australians and are committed to fostering a culture of excellence and enriching the employee experience.
By joining Saab, you’ll be a part of a collaborative and supportive organisation, where your professional growth and work-life balance are emphasised.
You’ll work within an innovative and vibrant workplace, while having the opportunity to develop a long-term, fulfilling career.
For further information about at career at Saab, visit the page adjacent: https://www.saab.com/markets/australia/careers/saab-life
Click ‘Apply’ to submit your CV and cover letter in support of your application. You may contact our careers team at email@example.com for a copy of the full position description.
Kindly observe that this is an ongoing recruitment process and in exceptional circumstances, the position might be filled before the closing date of the advertisement. We encourage applications as early as possible to avoid disappointment.
Saab Australia is an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourages Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders to apply. We also welcome applications from individuals with culturally diverse backgrounds.
Saab Australia is a proud supporter of the Veterans’ Employment Program and welcomes the interest of ex-service members, veterans and their families.