Saab Australia is a defence, security and cyber solutions provider, specialising in the development and integration of command and control systems. For over 30 years in Australia, we have built a reputation for achieving complex systems integration projects that deliver proven and advanced capabilities to keep us ahead of today’s complex challenges.
From combat, communications and security systems, to mixed reality, cyber security and deployable health solutions, our extensive portfolio of products and services provide high-technology solutions for defence forces and civil industries across the globe.
Apply today to join our crew and deliver solutions with purpose.
Working in our Maritime group that manages and delivers a common Combat Management System (CMS) product, the Software Integration Engineer will play a key role in providing their expertise to configure, integrate, test and deliver CMS software components across multiple Royal Australian Navy (RAN) projects and ship platforms.
Further, the successful candidate will:
- Support integration of CMS software components into system software configuration
- Maintain the software integration environments, including integration of new software and equipment into test sites
- Undertake installation of system software in test sites, customer sites and other remote locations
- Prepare test documentation, conduct integration testing, formal system testing and support to test readiness review
- Participate in reviews of software and documentation as required
- Support the Software Integration Manager in the planning and management of integration activities
Your skills and experience will include:
- Integration and testing of software components in a near real time software intensive system
- Products, development environment and the tools used to develop and support the software
- Software configuration management tools
- Linux System Administration
- Tertiary qualifications in systems engineering, computer science, or related technical discipline
As Defence security clearance is required for this role, applicants must be Australian citizens and eligible to obtain and maintain appropriate clearance.
Culture and benefits
We employ over 500 Australians and are committed to fostering a culture of excellence and enriching the employee experience.
By joining Saab, you’ll be a part of a collaborative and supportive organisation, where your professional growth and work-life balance are emphasised. You’ll work within an innovative and vibrant workplace, while having the opportunity to develop a long-term, fulfilling career.
For further information about at career at Saab, visit the page adjacent: https://www.saab.com/markets/australia/careers/saab-life
Click ‘Apply’ to submit your CV and cover letter in support of your application. You may contact our careers team at email@example.com for a copy of the full position description.
Saab Australia is an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourages Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders to apply. We also welcome applications from individuals with culturally diverse backgrounds.
Saab Australia is a proud supporter of the Veterans’ Employment Program and welcomes the interest of ex-service members, veterans and their families.