Saab is a fantastic company to grow and develop in! As our colleague is moving on within the company, we are looking for a Strategic Buyer with a technical interest who wants to be part of a dynamic sub-contracting procurement team working with submarines and surface ships!
The Strategic Buyer executes the sourcing strategy within the applicable project, negotiates and establishes agreements with suppliers according to Category Strategy and project technical, budget and timing requirements. You monitor the order fulfilment and intervenes with the supplier when applicable during the course of progress.
The main tasks are
- Contribute in Category Management process in liaison with Category Manager and perform procure process in alignment with set Category Strategy
- Establish contracts with Suppliers, maintain and administrate contract documentation in relevant systems
- Monitor Contract / Purchase Order fulfilment and expedite when required and manage changes within Contract / Purchase Order in accordance with relevant change management process
- Be focus point for all commercial aspects related to the Contract / PO
- Monitor and develop supplier performance (QDC) in line with established goals and requirements.
- Communicate supplier agreements internally and secure that established agreements are used.
- Be an escalation point for Buyers on relevant matters
- Responsible for analyzing, reporting and take actions on KPIs
You report to Director Strategic Sourcing Kockums.
We are looking for you with strong drive and high ability to deliver! Do you also have a motivational impact on people around you – well, than we´re impressed! We believe you have management ability and are able to apply an overall perspective (QDC), good commercial judgement and can carry out long-term development of strategic business relationships. The role include many stakeholders both within and outside the company, why you need to effectively solve problems in cooperation with others and have an aptitude for building networks. Since we work in a complex field, you also need high capacity to acquire, apply and share knowledge.
- Ability to work independently in the following areas: market analysis, procurement, negotiation, agreement management, business assessment, cost- and risk analysis.
- Knowledge about strategic procurement, purchasing- and project management.
- Excellent communication skills in Swedish and English
- Excellent knowledge of working with Office programs
- Experience from procurement/supply chain of sub-contracted parts from metal working industry such as machined parts or welded constructions.
- Project management
This position requires that you pass a security vetting based on the current regulations around/of security protection. For positions requiring security clearance additional obligations on citizenship may apply.
What you will be a part of
You will be part of a diverse team consisting of Category Managers, Strategic Buyers and SQE located in Malmö and Karlskrona. We are organized under Sourcing & Supply.
If you are interested in what benefits you can take part of as an employee at Saab in Sweden, you can read more about them here. Last application date is 27th of June, however kindly observe that this is an ongoing recruitment process and that the position might be filled before the closing date of the advertisement. Your application may be in Swedish or English.
Questions about the job? Don´t hesitate to contact;
Jesper Appelberg, recruiting manager +46 734 34 16 93 or
Charlotta Lundblad, HR Specialist Recruitment +46 734 34 12 74.
If you aspire to help create and innovate whilst developing yourself in a challenging team setting, Saab may well have the perfect conditions for you to grow. We pride ourselves on a nurturing environment, where everyone is different yet we share the same goal – to help protect people.