Strategic Purchaser Training and Simulation
To meet today's needs and future expansion, we are now looking for an experienced strategic purchaser to lead category management and represent procurement in projects
We are looking for a person with several years of experience in strategic procurement. You will work with category management, agreements and represent procurement within projects.
In your role you will be responsible for amongst other things:
- To participate as procurement representative in product development and other projects/processes in order to secure that procurement and supplier aspects are carefully considered in areas such as requirements definition and make/buy decisions.
- To negotiate and conclude supplier agreements.
- Be the prime commercial contact towards the suppliers within assigned category/project.
- To define and revaluate supplier strategies.
- To monitor and develop supplier performance in line with established goals and requirements.
- To monitor and manage supplier risks.
- Actively monitor the supplier market and evaluate new potential suppliers and the competitiveness of the existing suppliers.
- Manage and develop agreements and relation with suppliers in order to secure the commitment to current and future programs.
- Communicate supplier agreements internally and secure that established agreements are used.
To succeed in this role you are proactive and take full responsibility for allocated tasks. You can easily create trust within the organization and your supplier base and have the ability to work independently.
- Bachelor degree in Engineering or similar
- Experience as a strategic purchaser
- Experience in agreement management
- Good communication skills in Swedish and English, verbal and written
- Strong technical interest
- Structured in your work
We put a lot of emphasis on who you are as a person and how we think that you would fit, perform and thrive in our organization. We will look for strengths within result focus, teamwork, communication skills, personal leadership, business acumen and the ability to create engagement.
What you will be a part of
You will collaborate within a cross-functional organization of experienced engineers, project managers and professionals in an environment that fosters career development and personal growth. You will be part of the Procurement team within Saab Training & Simulation. Today we are a team of 15 employees within procurement department. Saab Training & Simulation develops and manufactures training systems mainly for military users. Training and Simulation is part of the Business Area Dynamics and is based in Huskvarna. Read more about us here
This position requires that you will be approved in a security screening in accordance with the Swedish Protective Security Act. Observe that you can send us your application in either Swedish or English.
If you aspire to help create and innovate whilst developing yourself in a challenging team setting, Saab may well have the perfect conditions for you to grow. We pride ourselves on a nurturing environment, where everyone is different yet we share the same goal – to help protect people.