Supervisor, Quality Inspection
As Saab is building a new advanced manufacturing facility in West Lafayette, IN, we are seeking a Quality Inspector Supervisor to lead and direct the activities of the Quality Inspectors working to deliver the aft fuselage for the U.S. Air Force new military trainer, the T-7A Red Hawk. To enable this new operation, an extensive transfer of knowledge and technology will take place from Saab’s facilities in Sweden to our new operation in Indiana. Our skilled team has had the unique career opportunity to complete a short-term international assignment to train in Sweden. While abroad, our team of Assemblers and Inspectors received on-the-job training working on the T-7A aircraft. When returning to Indiana, the team will assemble the aircraft, train and lead new colleagues, and take on an active role in forming the state of the art production system – this is where you come in!
We are looking for a driven leader that is passionate about teamwork and creating value in our production system. We are looking for a candidate to work closely with the Quality Manager and the Quality Inspectors to accomplish the goals set for the Quality Team and overall organization.
Responsibilities will include:
- Supervise and lead Quality Inspectors, Airworthiness Inspectors, and Receiving Inspectors in daily production activities.
- Clearly communicate daily production goals.
- Report out on Quality Inspection results.
- Ensure efficient daily operations of the manufacturing operation.
- Provide training and coaching, as needed, to improve performance.
- Hold employees accountable to established work processes and work rules.
- Empower work teams to align to quality KPI’s and overall business goals.
- Monitor work quality to consistently deliver exceptional customer service.
- Demonstrate a working knowledge of the company policy and local work rules, including safety and FOD prevention.
- Adhere to the Saab 6S program and maintain a clean environment at all times.
- Communicate concisely and effectively with management, team members and supporting departments.
- Implement continuous improvement action plans.
- Oversee and approve work hours for Inspection team on weekly basis.
- Serve as subject matter expert for inspection.
Skills and Experience:
- High school degree or GED required.
- Technical degree or certification in the field of aviation is preferred.
- 5+ years of relevant work experience in aeronautical manufacturing environment is required.
- 5+ years as an aircraft A&P Mechanic is preferred.
- 2+ years of proven supervisory/ leadership experience.
- Associate’s or Bachelor's degree in Advanced Manufacturing, Aeronautics, or a related field is strongly preferred.
- High level of Airworthiness workmanship in inspection processes for structural assembly and/or system installation.
- Experience with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel and Outlook) is required.
- Experience working with ISO standards and quality requirements is required. Experience in an AS9100 environment is desirable.
- Experience using MES and ERP systems is a strong plus.
- Proven teamwork and-solution driven leadership skills
- Excellent communication and teamwork skills.
- Able to stand, sit or walk for extended periods of time.
- Ability to perform physical tasks such as sitting, bending, stooping, walking, climbing, reaching.
- Ability to perform repetitive motions (such as lifting or assembly of parts) including the use of handheld power tools.
- Ability to lift up to fifty (50) pounds.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule, and extended hours when required.
Must be a U.S. citizen, Permanent Resident (green card holder), or protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3). As a condition of employment, candidates will be required to participate in aptitude testing, a drug screen and background check that will include, at a minimum, a criminal record check, education and employment verification.
Citizenship Requirements:Must be a U.S. citizen, Permanent Resident (green card holder), or protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3).
Pre-employment Screening Requirements:
As a condition of employment, candidates will be required to participate in a drug screen and background check that will include, at a minimum, a criminal record check, education and employment verification.
Saab is a global defense and security company operating in the fields of air, land and naval defense, civil security and commercial aeronautics. We number approximately 17,000 employees and have operations on all continents. Technologically we are leaders in many areas, and one-fifth of our earnings are spent on research and development.
Saab is a company where we see diversity as an asset and offer unlimited opportunities for advancing in your career. We are also a company that respects each person’s needs and encourage employees to lead a balanced, rewarding life beyond work. Saab values diversity and is an Equal Opportunity/ Affirmative Action employer. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply and will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, age, veteran, disability status, or any other federal, state, or locally protected category.