Supply Chain- Summer Intern 2022
As Saab is building a new operation in West Lafayette, IN, we are seeking an intern to join and develop a world-class Supply Chain. The ideal candidate is pursuing a B.S degree in Supply Chain, an interest in Aerospace, and is able to work as a team to problem solve. Some of the tasks assigned may include, but are not limited to:
- Provide support in coordinating the Return Material Authorization process with suppliers and assist in issuance and resolution of purchase orders and invoices.
- Assist with tasks such as prepare, organize, and maintain electronic purchasing records and data documenting performance and compliance.
- Assist with tasks of minimal scope continuously develop and improve internal procurement processes.
- Provide support in continuously improve the supply chain to secure competitiveness through the use of Industry 4.0 technologies
- Provide support to obtain best total landed cost
- Provide support in expediting of material and communication with vendors
- Assist with Plan For Every Part and identify point of use for materials
- Assist in running and preparing report, pick list, and schedules
- Assist in basic Lean projects
- Provide support to planning and scheduling
- Assist in cycle count program
Your Experience and Skills: (4000 character limit)
- Ability to structure work tasks and deliver a high quality of work.
- Excellent communication and team building skills.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Enrolled in Bachelor’s degree program in Business, Engineering, Supply Chain, Quality, or similar field, at an accredited university.
- Ability to be self-driven and deliver a high quality of work.
Skills and Experience:
Citizenship Requirements:Must be a U.S. citizen, Permanent Resident (green card holder), or protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3).
Pre-employment Screening Requirements:
As a condition of employment, candidates will be required to participate in a drug screen and background check that will include, at a minimum, a criminal record check, education and employment verification.
Saab is a global defense and security company operating in the fields of air, land and naval defense, civil security and commercial aeronautics. We number approximately 17,000 employees and have operations on all continents. Technologically we are leaders in many areas, and one-fifth of our earnings are spent on research and development.
Saab is a company where we see diversity as an asset and offer unlimited opportunities for advancing in your career. We are also a company that respects each person’s needs and encourage employees to lead a balanced, rewarding life beyond work. Saab values diversity and is an Equal Opportunity/ Affirmative Action employer. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply and will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, age, veteran, disability status, or any other federal, state, or locally protected category.