Saab UK is a British company that is part of Saab Group’s global high-technology operations. Saab offers world-leading solutions and services in defence, aviation, space and civil security. In the UK we bring together the best of Swedish and British innovation and engineering to provide our customers with products and solutions that push boundaries for what is considered technically possible. Our mission is to help our customers to keep people and society safe.
Our Saab UK business is going through a period of rapid growth, this means that we can offer a wide range of opportunities for personal fulfilment and career growth. As part of the global entity Saab AB, Saab UK Ltd combines the innovative spirit of a start-up with the resources and expertise of a larger corporation. Across the country we have seven principle sites which focus on software engineering, underwater robotics, training services and radars. Globally we number over 19,000 employees and have operations on all continents.
Technologically we are leaders in many areas, and we reinvest a high proportion of our earnings in internal research and development. We collaborate with colleagues around the world who all share our challenge – to make the world a safer place.
Saab is a company with opportunities, a company where we see diversity as an asset and where you have both considerable responsibility as well as good opportunities for advancing in your career. Additionally, Saab is a company that respects each person’s needs for a rewarding life beyond work.
Support Engineers provide technical support to customers, projects and development teams and maintaining SAFE and related integrated systems and services. They will have comprehensive knowledge of the SAFE operating environment, configuration and functionality as well as deep expertise in system components and integrations. This is a fully remote position with the option of working from the Hull office. Occasional travel will be required to our customer sites.
- Maintain and support operating environment for customers and project deliveries, including application and system and patching.
- Provide 2nd line support to customers as part of service operations team
- Testing and documentation of changes
- Good knowledge and experience of ITIL
- Experience of managing high availability environments and systems or with similar critical infrastructure delivery experience.
- Excellent communication skills – written and verbal.
Desirable, but not essential
- Familiarity with Agile methodologies, tools and ways of working.
- Experience supporting IT services.
- Certification in relevant technologies.
- ITIL Foundation certificate or higher equivalent qualification
This position would suit someone from an IT infrastructure or service delivery background, with experience working in critical delivery environments or where 99.999% availability is required (e.g., emergency control rooms, manufacturing, safety critical