Welcome to the naval side of life! We are looking for SW Product Owner to join in our mission to create striking performance – the 9LV Combat System. To make this engine going we cover all development, from bottom to top, meaning platform solutions all the way to user applications.
Do you want to have the wide perspective, mixed with technical depth and opportunity to look into the horizon for next generation solutions?
Hey, you just found us!
As a 9LV SW Product Owner, you work closely with SW organization in Finland, as well as coordinate the overall work with your counterparts in Sweden and Australia for maximizing the value of the team deliveries. This is achieved by defining and prioritizing the team backlog to streamline the execution of customer project deliveries as well as product refining activities.
Additionally you will maintain the conceptual and technical integrity of the features and components where the local team has design responsibilities. The role requires active dialogue with customer projects and working with various stakeholders in the organization
Your main tasks are:
- Preparing and participation in the roadmap and team planning
- Communicating with customer projects concerning time plan, scope and deliveries
- Prioritizing the items in the team backlog to best achieve goals and missions
- Ensuring that the backlog is visible, transparent, and clear to all, and shows what the 9LV Teams will work on next
- Ensuring that the 9LV Teams understand items in the backlog to the level needed
- Accepting User story result
- Participate in the team demo and retrospective
As a person, you are truly a doer, willing to get hands-on solving any problems needed to help the project and the organisation move forward. You have a collaborative mind-set and you are a team player that encourages an open, trustful and innovative climate. Ideally, you share our eagerness to learn new technologies, and to challenge the status quo.
- Be experienced in working in a team-oriented, collaborative and innovative environment
- Proactive, self-starter with excellent project management skills and ability to manage multiple tasks effectively
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to engage, influence, and inspire teams and stakeholders to drive collaboration and alignment
- High degree of organization, individual initiative, and personal accountability
- Balance of technical software and product creation knowledge and business acumen
In this job, some of your tasks have a connection to defence secrecy. Therefore, a drug test and approved security clearance in accordance with the Finnish Security Clearance act 726/2014 is required for the selected applicant.
What do we offer?
In addition to extremely interesting projects, we offer you unique career opportunities where on-going training and development is also provided to help you build your career. Locally, we want to keep our organization very flat, and we embrace the culture, built on values of trust, openness and atmosphere of caring for each other. Your comfortable office will be located at Saab Technology Center, just close to Tampere downtown in the historical Tampella district. On top of joining a team of highly talented professionals and fun people, we offer good benefits to our employees!
Would you like to know more about the Saab-life and the benefits of joining us? Read Saab People Philosophy.
What you will be a part of?
Our Combat System business unit supplies world leading Command and Control systems, products and services to the armed forces. We operate globally with local sites in Sweden, Australia and Finland. To find out more about our products, check these out!
Did we manage to catch your interest?
We are curious to learn more from you! The aim to fill this unique position soonest, thus please don't hesitate to submit your application via Saab Careers already Now!
If you aspire to help create and innovate whilst developing yourself in a challenging team setting, Saab may well have the perfect conditions for you to grow. We pride ourselves on a nurturing environment, where everyone is different yet we share the same goal – to help protect people.