SW Test Engineer
Saab Technology Center in Tampere is looking for an enthusiastic SW Test Engineer to work in expert role in an R&D team developing complex electronic warfare systems. At Saab, we constantly look ahead and push the boundaries for what is technically possible – embrace your chance to join a team of skilled and motivated professionals!
Our R&D team is developing highly innovative electronic warfare products where only cutting-edge technology can meet the performance requirements. Our development projects offer a wide range of interesting opportunities to grow and challenge yourself in different phases of the product development.
In this role, you will be handling versatile tasks related to both product SW testing and developing test automation framework in close collaboration with system, HW and RF engineers. The exact responsibilities and focus area can be finetuned according to your expertise and interests.
The main tasks include, but are not limited to:
- Designing software test automation architecture for complex products
- Planning and implementing test cases for software as part of product development team
- Ensuring seamless integration to DevOps system
- Supporting board bring-up and product validation and contributing to product test automation development, collaborating with developers from different expertise areas
As a person, you are truly a doer, willing to get hands-on solving any problems needed to help the team move forward. You have a collaborative mind-set and you are a team player, encouraging open and productive work climate.
What is required to succeed in the intended role?
- MSc or BSc in SW development or computer science or corresponding discipline, or other equivalent knowledge base
- Experience in SW testing, test planning, and test automation
- Experience in scripting languages (including Python, Matlab) and test frameworks such as pytest, junit, cppunit
- Familiar with agile SW development and DevOps
- Proactivity, ability to work productively in a team, and capability to manage own tasks independently and efficiently
- Fluent communication and collaboration skills both in Finnish and in English, verbal and written
Skills that would be very beneficial:
- Knowledge of RF/modem or signal processing technologies
- Experience in laboratory testing (lab equipment, hardware-in-the-loop simulation)
- Knowledge of embedded Linux
- Experience in embedded SW development
- Knowledge about FPGAs
In this position, a drug test and approved security clearance in accordance with the Finnish Security Clearance act 726/2014 is required for the selected applicant.
What you will be a part of?
Saab is a global defense and security company in the fields of air, land and naval defense, civil security and commercial aeronautics. We number more than 18 000 employees and have operations on all continents. Technologically we are leaders in many areas, and one fourth of our earnings are spent on research and development.
Your work place will be at Saab Sensor Technology Center in Tampere downtown. However, since Saab is a global company, this role requires fluent communication with colleagues abroad, and may require some travelling.
In addition to extremely interesting projects, we can offer you unique career opportunities where on-going training and development is also provided to help you build your career. We are big enough to offer a wide range of opportunities, but agile enough to be noticed and recognized.
If you aspire to help create and innovate whilst developing yourself in a challenging team setting, Saab may well have the perfect conditions for you to grow. We pride ourselves on a nurturing environment, where everyone is different yet we share the same goal – to help protect people.
Would you like to know more about the Saab-life and the benefits of joining us? Learn more about Saab Life
Please send your Cover letter and CV soonest through Saab Career System. We are processing resumes already during application period.
In case you have any questions regarding the position, recruitment process or simply want to know what is it like to work at Saab: please give a call to our HR Manager Teemu Turkia, tel. +358400883088.