Reporting to the Head of Engineering (Maritime Products) and working closely with a range of internal and external stakeholders, the System Analyst - Engineering Information System will lead the analysis, definition, prototyping, implementation, deployment and maintenance of an integrated Engineering Information System (EIS) to support the Saab Maritime Product Group.
Further, the successful candidate will:
- Liaise with stakeholders to draft, validate and finalise the 3 year strategy to implement the integrated EIS
- Develop the plan to implement the EIS in accordance with the strategy, along with processes, work instructions and auditing/compliance requirements
- Lead the implementation of the EIS, including implementation of short term solutions to address high priority issues
- Develop the EIS maintenance and sustainment strategy to ensure the EIS delivers the outcomes needed to support the Product Group in the longer term
Flexible work arrangements such as hybrid work from home / office, 9 day fortnight and part time (0.8 FTE minimum) will be considered for this role.
Your skills and experience will include:
- A tertiary qualification(s) in an engineering or business discipline
- 5+ years in a defence engineering environment, including compiling and delivering ASDEFCON engineering data
- Requirements gathering, documentation and process analysis
- Collaborating effectively with cross-functional teams and stakeholders
- Creating process documentation and work flows
- Using at least one PLM tool such as IFS Applications or Windchill
- Implementing PLM strategies (desirable)
Applicants must be Australian citizens and eligible to obtain and maintain a NV1 defence clearance.
Saab Australia is a defence, security and cyber solutions provider, specialising in the development and integration of major defence and security systems. For over 30 years in Australia, we have built a reputation for delivering complex systems integration projects that provide proven and advanced capabilities to keep us ahead of today’s challenges.
From combat, communications, security and underwater systems, to mixed reality, cyber security and deployable health solutions, our extensive portfolio of products and services provide high-technology solutions for defence forces and civil industries across the globe.
Apply today to join our crew and deliver solutions with purpose.
Culture and benefits
We employ over 900 Australians and are committed to fostering a culture of excellence and enriching the employee experience.
By joining Saab, you’ll be a part of a collaborative and supportive organisation, where your professional growth and work-life balance are emphasised. You’ll work within an innovative and vibrant workplace, while having the opportunity to develop a long-term, fulfilling career.
For further information about at career at Saab, visit the page adjacent: https://www.saab.com/markets/australia/careers/saab-life
Click ‘Apply’ to submit your CV and cover letter in support of your application. You may contact our careers team at firstname.lastname@example.org for a copy of the full position description. Kindly observe that this is an ongoing recruitment process and in exceptional circumstances, the position might be filled before the closing date of the advertisement. We encourage applications as early as possible to avoid disappointment.
Saab Australia is an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourages Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders to apply. We also welcome applications from individuals with culturally diverse backgrounds.
Saab Australia is a proud supporter of the Veterans’ Employment Program and welcomes the interest of ex-service members, veterans and their families.