System Engineer for EW Gripen Sustainment
Do you want to contribute to a safer world? Our Electronic Warfare (EW) world-class signal intelligence- and self-protection systems are outsmarting threats in the electromagnetic spectrum. We are a looking for experienced systems engineers who wants to join our competent team. Welcome with your application!
You will be working with a system that are operational at customer level and have opportunities to interact and work closely and with our customers and end users. The Swedish Air force are prolonging its lifespan to 2030+, export countries up to 2040.
You will also work in collaboration with different interfaces within and outside the business unit. The focus of your role is to act as a cohesive force between the Product Management, Technical product management, Engineering and Production.
The role’s tasks may include:
- Manage the operational system including its improvement and replacement
- Managing the customer requirements and system specifications
- Handling change reports
- Redesign of a subsystem due to obsolesce
- Regular customer contacts and providing support
- Regular meetings with product managers, testers in production, project managers and customers to align the system
- Improvement and review of documentation for the system
- Manage correction of problems in the system operation
You enjoy execute tasks spreading over wide technical spectra, e.g. writing a change reports to lead the work of a re-design of a subsystem due to obsolescence. You strive to understand the customer needs and the benefit of having a satisfied customer.
As a person, you are flexible, communicative and supportive and enjoy taking responsibility. Problem solving and technical challenges motivates you and you have a strong ability to independently plan and operate your work. You are able to prioritize your own work and the work of others. With an analytical mindset, you have a holistic perspective but also have interest of details. You do not hesitate to ask for help when needed. Good collaboration skills and a large network of contacts within the company are also important to be able to handle the job in a good way.
- We believe you have a Master of Science in Engineering, Technical Physics, Electrical Engineering, Software Engineering or equivalent.
- Excellent communication skills in Swedish and English, verbal and written are also required.
- You have at least five years of experience in systems engineering, product design or system sustainment.
- Experiences in Electronic Warfare (EW) are meritorious
This position requires that you pass a security vetting based on the current regulations around/of security protection. For positions requiring security clearance additional obligations on citizenship may apply.
What you will be part of
Saab is a high technology company operating worldwide. Business Area (BA) Surveillance, one of the six Saab business areas, provides efficient solutions for safety and security, for surveillance and decision support, and for threat detection and protection. The portfolio covers airborne, ground-based and naval radar, electronic warfare, combat systems, and cyber security.
The Fighter EW is a Product Unit within BU EW at Surveillance that provides self-protection systems for JAS Gripen, Tornado among others. Read more about us here . You will be a part of the team that maintain and support the EW system in Gripen C/D.
Is this an opportunity that looks appealing to you? Apply today, interviews are ongoing. Please contact Christina Borndalen for more information at firstname.lastname@example.org or mobile: +46 73437 5672.
If you aspire to help create and innovate whilst developing yourself in a challenging team setting, Saab may well have the perfect conditions for you to grow. We pride ourselves on a nurturing environment, where everyone is different yet we share the same goal – to help protect people.