At Saab, we are constantly looking ahead and pushing boundaries on what´s considered technically possible. Saab is expanding in the UK and we are now seeking talented and highly motivated Sub System Engineer For Computer Platform Hardware Design to support our radar and electronic warfare operations at our Farnborough office, this is truly a unique opportunity.
What you will become a part of
Business Area Surveillance offers effective solutions for surveillance, decision support and systems used to detect and deter different kinds of threats. The product portfolio includes airborne, land based and marine radar systems, systems for signal reconnaissance, command and communications systems as well as systems for leading seafaring vessels and air traffic.
You will be a part of the business unit Radar Solutions which is responsible for the radar development and more specifically the engineering organization with headquarters in Gothenburg Sweden but based in the Farnborough office.
The engineering organization consists of a number of departments where you will belong to the department “Computer platforms” and the section “Computer platform Hardware design Design” which is responsible for the platforms for our land based and naval radar systems.
Your role at Saab
Being a sub system engineer for Computer Platform HW design at Saab means that you have the responsibility to break down the requirements from the system level to the sub system level for the hardware area as well as performing the design. You perform this work as a part of a team consisting of HW engineers as well as runtime engineers. Your team will mainly be responsible for the design of computer platform for the UK customer’s existing radar systems as well as new systems and upgrades for that customer but will also take part in other development projects when needed.
Your team will primarily be based in Farnborough, UK but will spend a considerable amount of training and working in Gothenburg, Sweden, especially at the beginning of your employment.
Who you are today
- As a person you are positive, social, result oriented and a team player with a background or education IT hardware, electronics, data science or systems engineering.
- It is beneficial if you also have some experience working with different Linux distributions, however it is not a requirement.
- You are comfortable with explaining technical solutions for the team and stakeholders. You like working in a team and cooperating with other but are capable of working individually as well. Handling unexpected problems is a natural part of reality and you are able to choose simple and effective solutions to those problems. You are also open to explore other disciplines of engineering and have a will to develop both professionally and personally.
- You agree with our core values of “Trust, Drive and Expertise”.
- During your employment you will handle tasks and materials that are classed as military secrecy and therefore you must have a UK or Swedish citizenship.
Saab is a global defence and security company in the fields of air, land and naval defence, civil security and commercial aeronautics. We number 18,000+ employees and have operations on all continents. Technologically we are leaders in many areas, and one fourth of our earnings are spent on research and development.
Saab is also a company with opportunities. A company where we see diversity as an asset and where you have both considerable responsibility and good opportunities for advancing in your career. But also a company that respects each person’s needs for a rewarding life beyond work.
If you aspire to help create and innovate whilst developing yourself in a challenging team setting, Saab may well have the perfect conditions for you to grow. We pride ourselves on a nurturing environment, where everyone is different yet we share the same goal – to help protect people.