System Engineer (Software)
We are looking for a System Engineer with a focus on software development for the Environmental Control technology area within Vehicle Systems. The role has a great development potential and you will collaborate with experienced colleagues in smaller teams. Today we consists of about 20 employees with an even distribution over the age range. It is a very positive and social group with a great team spirit. It is crucial that you like to be part of a high performing team where we learn from each other and share our knowledge. You understand the power of communication.
The main tasks of the role includes:
- Responsibility of software development of the environmental control system, which involves requirements, design, implementation, testing and documentation.
- Responsibility of system development for the environmental control system, which involves requirements, design and documentation.
- Ensure that the environmental control system is well integrated with other sub-systems in the aircraft.
- Participate in feasibility studies and system investigations
- Collaborate with several other areas internally at the company e.g. system safety, flight testing and Concepts, Modelling and Simulation, which will give you a wide network of contacts.
You are a person with drive who is outgoing and good at making contacts. You are a modest and curious person with the drive for personal development. You have the ability to handle several tasks at the same time and work independently as well as in groups.
The environmental control system is a highly complex control system which requires knowledge in control theory. You have knowledge in Matlab/Simulink and programming language C++. A suitable background is a Masters or Bachelor of Science/Master of Science in Engineering degree in, for example, aerospace, technical physics and electrical engineering.
Experience in the current or nearby technology field is a merit. You have easy to express yourself in both spoken and written Swedish and English. It is meritorious to have knowledge in several programming languages, software architecture, requirement management and verification of requirements.
This position requires that you pass a security vetting based on the current regulations around/of security protection. For positions requiring security clearance additional obligations on citizenship may apply.
What you will be a part of
You will be part of the Environmental Control systems technology area within Vehicle Systems, Aeronautics. Most of the business is focused on Gripen and its development, together with Pilot Training Systems.
We work on designing functions in aircraft against different customers using mechanics, electronics and software. The work is done both in smaller assignments and in larger projects, and we collaborate extensively with subcontractors and partners in other countries.
Please observe that you can send us your application in either Swedish or English.
Kindly observe that this is an ongoing recruitment process and that the position might be filled before the closing date of the advertisement.