System Engineer with focus on hardware and/or ILS, Hydraulic system
We are looking for a team member to our high performing team within the Hydraulic technology area. You will have the opportunity to get a broad network within the company and, work with both theoretical and practical work.
We are looking for a System Engineer with a focus on preferably both hardware development and Integrated Logistics Support (ILS) for the Hydraulic system. Depending on your background you could start with one of the tasks and then there will be a possibility to broaden your knowledge to the other one. The role has a great development potential.
The role includes many different tasks, such as:
- System and hardware development of the hydraulic system, which involves requirements, design, and documentation.
- Ensure that the hydraulic system is well integrated with other sub-systems in the aircraft.
- Participate in feasibility studies and system investigations.
- ILS for the hydraulic system, which involves creating instructions and support systems.
- Collaboration with several other areas internally at the company e.g. system safety, flight testing and maintenance, which will give you a wide network of contacts.
You will be part of a high performing team with experienced colleagues where we learn from each other and share our knowledge. It is important that you understand the power of communication and that you enjoy working with others.
You are a person with drive who is outgoing and good at making contacts. You are a modest and curious person with the drive for personal development. You have the ability to handle several tasks at the same time and work independently as well as in groups.
- The hydraulic system is a highly complex system. It requires knowledge in control theory as well as mechanical and fluid systems.
- A suitable background is a Masters or Bachelor of Science/Master of Science in Engineering degree in, for example, aerospace, technical physics or mechanical engineering.
- Experience in the current or nearby technology field is a merit and experience of requirement management and verification of requirements is helpful.
- You can express yourself easily in both spoken and written Swedish and English.
- It is an advantage to have an interest in practical mechanical work.
This position requires that you pass a security vetting based on the current regulations around/of security protection. For positions requiring security clearance additional obligations on citizenship may apply.
What you will be part of
Saab is a leading defence and security company with an enduring mission, to help nations keep their people and society safe. Empowered by its 18,000 talented people, Saab constantly pushes the boundaries of technology to create a safer, more sustainable and more equitable world.
Business area Aeronautics is an innovative supplier of world-class aircraft systems, advanced aerostructures and a wide range of support solutions within civil and military aviation. Within the business area, research, development and production of military aviation systems is conducted as well as future studies in preparation for future manned and unmanned flight systems and further development of existing products.
In this role you will be part of the Hydraulic systems and Landing gear technology area within Vehicle Systems, Aeronautics. Most of the business is focused on Gripen and its development. The group consist of about 13 employees with an even distribution over the age range. It is a very positive and social group with a great team spirit.
We work on designing functions in aircraft for different customers using mechanics, electronics and software. The work is done both in smaller assignments and in larger projects, and we collaborate extensively with subcontractors and partners in other countries.
If you are interested in what benefits you can take part of as an employee at Saab in Sweden, you can read more about them here
Read more about us here
Kindly observe that this is an ongoing recruitment process and that the position might be filled before the closing date of the advertisement. Please observe that you can send us your application in either Swedish or English.
Last application day: 2022-05-29
If you aspire to help create and innovate whilst developing yourself in a learning culture, Saab may well have the perfect conditions for you to grow. We pride ourselves on a nurturing environment, where everyone is different yet we share the same goal – to keep people and society safe.