SYSTEM TEST ENGINEER
At Saab, we constantly look ahead and push boundaries for what is considered technically possible. We collaborate with colleagues around the world who all share our challenge – to make the world a safer place.
We are now appointing a System Test Engineer within our production for Saab Ltd in United Arab Emirates.
You will contribute to the production and test team in sub-, and system test of our radar products. You will also have a leading role and being part of preparation and build-up of new production and test capabilities.
Specific Responsibilities of the System Test Engineer:
The main tasks are:
- Responsible for final assembly and testing of our radar systems.
- Resolving technical problems associated with assigned products, test setups and measurements.
- Ensure compliance to test requirements.
- Build-up test and assembly capabilities for new products.
- Contributing in design reviews to identify and mitigate any key test and assembly issues.
Your experience & skills
Bachelor's degree with a minimum of 5 years’ experience in production assembly and test, with demonstrated evidence of excellence.
- You have experience from testing products in the range of RF, signal processing and power.
- You have experience of subsystem and system test in a lab environment
- You have experience from manual benchtop measurements as well of automated tests and radar performance measurements at the test range.
- You have as a minimum a basic knowledge in how to use a spectrum analyzer and a VNA or similar.
- A good knowledge of using basic instruments such as DMMs and Oscilloscopes is necessary.
- You have experience of pre serial test and test strategy for new products, e.g Industrialization and capability build-up.
- You have experience from design/development from Radar product segment.
- You are hands on person making things happen.
- You are a team player and solution-oriented who take own responsibility for driving your work to goals.
- You have good communications skills and can easily express yourself in English, both oral and in written word.
- You shall have a desire to be a part of the growth of a new entity and operation in the UAE.
- Driver’s license
This position requires that you undergo a security screening in accordance with the Saab internal processes.