System Test Engineer
System Test Engineer
At Saab, we are constantly looking ahead and pushing boundaries on what´s considered technically possible. Saab is expanding in the UK and we are now seeking talented and highly motivated RF Test Engineers to support the research and development of complex Electronic Warfare systems.
As part of the development team, you will be translating requirements into practical test cases, performing the actual tests in the laboratory environment, utilizing automated test systems and manual measurements. You will work closely with experienced designers to ensure that the designs fulfill performance expectations and meet the required high quality standards.
Responsibilities will include:
- Integration, test and verification of complex RF/MW hardware and systems
- Understanding requirements and translating them into practical test cases
- Developing and maintaining automated test systems together with SW designers
- Generating test reports, analyzing results, and identifying design improvements
- Supporting the design team with design-related tasks such as reviews and troubleshooting
- Experience in integration, test and verification of RF/Microwave hardware and systems
- Hands-on experience of troubleshooting and communication of found issues
- Hands-on experience with lab test equipment such as VNAs, Spectrum Analyzers, Signal Generators, Power Supplies, Temperature Chambers etc.
- Willingness to work in a lab environment and basic soldering skills
- Ability to effectively interface with design teams and other stakeholders
- Master’s or Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering or related discipline
- Experience in developing and maintaining automated RF test systems
- Basic programming skills in Java, Python, Labview, Matlab or similar
- Experience in military and/or aerospace technologies considered as an advantage
- ISTQB certification or similar
This position has tasks including defence secrecy. It therefore requires you to conduct and receive an approved security clearance by responsible authorities.
What you will be a part of
You will be part of Saab´s Technology Centre based in Farnborough. In your role as System Test Engineer, you will report to the EW programme lead as well as the Head of the Technology Centre.
Saab AB is a global defence and security company in the fields of air, land and naval defence, civil security and commercial aeronautics. We number 17,400 employees and have operations on all continents. Technologically we are leaders in many areas, and one fourth of our earnings are spent on research and development.
Saab UK has operational footprints in London, Farnborough, Westbury, Tilshead, Brecon, Catterick, Lympstone, Fareham and Hull and in line with Saab’s Strategic Plan regarding “Operational Countries” the ambition is to grow this footprint.
Saab is also a company with opportunities. A company where we see diversity as an asset and where you have both considerable responsibility and good opportunities for advancing in your career. But also a company that respects each person’s needs for a rewarding life beyond work.
If you aspire to help create and innovate whilst developing yourself in a challenging team setting, Saab may well have the perfect conditions for you to grow. We pride ourselves on a nurturing environment, where everyone is different yet we share the same goal – to help protect people.