Saab, Inc. is currently looking for motivated, creative, inquisitive, and talented System/Information Security Engineer. As the System/Information Security Engineer, you will be a part of the product development team to enhance the security posture of solutions by applying your expertise and knowledge in systems, networking, and information assurance to product implementation.
The System/Information Security Engineer is a multi-disciplined engineer who develops product security requirements and designs, selects, and actively implements security controls, and performs compliance assessments.
You will be part of a "cross functional team" with a focus on development of a new system. You will actively participate in the creation and implementation of product security requirements, including automated control implementation and security updates. Your role will be responsible for demonstrating compliance to customer security objectives by mapping product attributes to customer security related requirements and development processes to prescribed standards (e.g., ISO 27001). As part of this effort you will create a comprehensive System Security Plan, Risk Management Plan, and an Incident Response plan for the system under development along with the necessary reports for a system to be able to pass an information security audit.
You will assist internal product groups composed of multi-disciplined engineers in assessing product security gaps, developing product requirements, risk mitigation strategies and documenting compliance to product security requirements.
The ideal candidate will have strong Ansible, Linux, and scripting experience as well as experience with requirements management using tools like DOORS and Codebeamer.
Compensation Range: $85,000-$106,200
The compensation range provided is a general guideline. When extending an offer, Saab, Inc. considers factors including (but not limited to) the role and associated responsibilities, location, and market and business considerations, as well as the candidate's work experience, key skills, and education/training.
Skills and Experience:
- Experience with system design and development
- Experience developing security requirements, design, implementation, testing and assessment of product security functions.
- Experience managing, analyzing, and auditing requirements using requirements management tools (e.g., DOORS, Codebeamer)
- Experience coding with Ansible, Python, and XML
- Strong LINUX knowledge and command line skills
- Understanding of Operating System (Linux) hardening procedures and impact on operation
- Working knowledge of Networking Security technologies and solutions
- Experience with vulnerability assessment, penetration testing, and associated tools
- Support customer audits of compliance to product security objectives
- Knowledge of standards (e.g., ISO 27001, ICAO 9985), security risk assessments and how to apply them to product development and the support of operational systems
- Understanding of Secure Coding Principles and experience with Java, C, or C++ programming are a plus
- Windows experience is a plus
- Bachelor of Science in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Software Engineering, Systems Engineering or other technical engineering degree. Bachelor of Science degrees related to Information or Cyber Security with an emphasis or minor in Computer Science would also be considered.
- 3+ years' experience
- Candidates with CISSP, CompTIA Security+, CASP+ or similar certifications are preferred.
- US DoD Secret Clearance is a plus
Must be a U.S. citizen. Applicants selected may be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
Saab is a federal government contractor and adheres to policies and programs necessary for sustaining drug-free workplaces. As a condition of employment, candidates will be required to pass a pre-employment drug screen.
Saab provides an excellent working environment offering professional growth opportunities, competitive wages, work-life balance, business-casual atmosphere and comprehensive benefits:
Medical, vision and dental insurance for employees and dependents
Paid time off including: minimum of 3 weeks vacation, 5 floating holidays, 8 designated holidays, parental leave, personal illness, bereavement, jury duty, long-term and short-term disability
401(k) with immediate vesting on employer match
Student loan assistance
Wellness account, Care.com subscription and employee assistance programs
Employee stock purchase program with employer match
Saab is a leading defense and security company with an enduring mission, to help nations keep their people and society safe. Empowered by its 19,000 talented people, Saab constantly pushes the boundaries of technology to create a safer, more sustainable and more equitable world. In the U.S., Saab delivers advanced technology and systems, supporting the U.S. Armed Forces and the Federal Aviation Administration, as well as international and commercial partners. Headquartered in Syracuse, New York, the company has business units and local employees in eight U.S. locations.
Saab is a company where we see diversity as an asset and offer unlimited opportunities for advancing in your career. We are also a company that respects each person’s needs and encourage employees to lead a balanced, rewarding life beyond work. Saab values diversity and is an Equal Opportunity/ Affirmative Action employer. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply and will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, age, veteran, disability status, or any other federal, state, or locally protected category.