As part of our Business Services division, the Systems Administrator will play a key role in supporting and developing Saab’s high technology platforms across Saab’s classified and unclassified networks and systems. The role will also contribute to the design, deployment and ongoing support of Saab’s enterprise wide network and systems whilst maintaining a customer focus on service and support to the Saab user community.
Further, the successful candidate will:
- Implement, monitor and support Enterprise Environments and Infrastructures
- Troubleshoot and resolve assigned incidents or service requests whilst ensuring prompt professional service
- Support system installations, problem solving and testing to ensure the availability, validity and reliability of Saab’s computing environments
- Liaise and maintain working relationships with key staff, projects and partners to resolve issues and faults
- Actively participate in periodic compliance audits to ensure standards and regulations are met
- Work, communicate and cross-skill with other members of the Infrastructure team
Flexible work arrangements such as hybrid work from home / office and 9 day fortnight will be considered for this role.
Your skills and experience will include:
- Hands on experience working within an infrastructure/Server administration support team, or similar (essential)
- Experience with Windows Server and/or Linux (Red Hat) (desirable)
- Experience with Ansible/AWX (desirable)
- Broad knowledge and experience deploying, administering and managing enterprise environments
- High level of problem solving skills and research/analytical ability to obtain and interpret information and make specific recommendations
- Fundamental understanding and awareness of information security
As Defence security clearance is required for this role, applicants must be Australian citizens and eligible to obtain and maintain an NV1 clearance.
Saab Australia is a defence, security and cyber solutions provider, specialising in the development and integration of major defence and security systems. For over 30 years in Australia, we have built a reputation for delivering complex systems integration projects that provide proven and advanced capabilities to keep us ahead of today’s challenges.
From combat, communications, security and underwater systems, to mixed reality, cyber security and deployable health solutions, our extensive portfolio of products and services provide high-technology solutions for defence forces and civil industries across the globe.
Apply today to join our crew and deliver solutions with purpose.
Culture and benefits
We employ over 900 Australians and are committed to fostering a culture of excellence and enriching the employee experience.
By joining Saab, you’ll be a part of a collaborative and supportive organisation, where your professional growth and work-life balance are emphasised. You’ll work within an innovative and vibrant workplace, while having the opportunity to develop a long-term, fulfilling career.
For further information about at career at Saab, visit the page adjacent: https://www.saab.com/markets/australia/careers/saab-life
Click ‘Apply’ to submit your CV and cover letter in support of your application. You may contact our careers team at firstname.lastname@example.org for a copy of the full position description. Kindly observe that this is an ongoing recruitment process and in exceptional circumstances, the position might be filled before the closing date of the advertisement. We encourage applications as early as possible to avoid disappointment.
Saab Australia is an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourages Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders to apply. We also welcome applications from individuals with culturally diverse backgrounds.
Saab Australia is a proud supporter of the Veterans’ Employment Program and welcomes the interest of ex-service members, veterans and their families.