At Saab Australia, we’re pioneering Australia’s defence capability with ongoing development of advanced defence and security technologies. Saab develops everything from combat, communications and security systems, to mixed reality and cyber security solutions.
For over 30 years, we have built a proud reputation of driving solutions that keep us ahead of today’s complex challenges and we are now seeking our employees-of-tomorrow to join our thinking edge, as we head towards our next innovative chapter. Apply today to join our crew and deliver solutions with purpose.
As part of our Underwater group, the Systems Architect will play a key role in furthering the development of submarine control and monitoring systems. They are accountable for the system concept, architecture, and design while analysing and managing complexity and risk.
Further, the successful candidate will:
- Elicit / refine / document requirements and plan, document and execute verification and validation activities.
- Perform systems analysis to derive function, performance and interface requirements to satisfy the system requirements.
- Perform system design activities (including trade studies) to ensure that the System architecture is compatible with the baselined product, is consistent across all subsystems and that the system design will meet the system level requirements.
- Maintain the design of the system including the specifications and interface requirements specifications as required.
- Develop and maintain system level architecture design documents as required.
- Perform technical risk analysis as required.
- Understand the systems engineering methodology, tools and procedures required to complete the systems engineering tasks assigned.
- Identify project and product risks and escalate using the project's defined processes.
- Initiate, recommend or provide solutions through designated channels.
- Participate in major reviews throughout the lifecycle (e.g. preliminary design review, detailed design review, and test readiness review) as well as participating in peer reviews.
Your skills and experience will include:
- Tertiary qualifications in engineering or related discipline
- Technical expertise in Systems Engineering, as well as knowledge of other related disciplines (Software, Mechanical and/or Electrical Engineering).
- Experience in a Defence (or adjacent industry) systems engineering environment, including participation in system requirements elicitation and system design and development activities
- Experience in Naval combat management systems, combat systems or similar (desirable)
- Awareness and ability to address whole of system requirements and design issues, including safety and ILS
- Proven ability in internal/external customer liaison senior external personnel on significant technical matters often requiring coordination between organisations
As Defence security clearance is required for this role, applicants must be Australian citizens and eligible to obtain and maintain an NV1 level clearance.
Culture and benefits
We employ over 700 Australians and are committed to fostering a culture of excellence and enriching the employee experience. By joining Saab, you’ll be a part of a collaborative and supportive organisation, where your professional growth and work-life balance are emphasised. You’ll work within an innovative and vibrant workplace and have the opportunity to develop a long-term, fulfilling career.
For further information on our offering, you may visit the page adjacent: https://www.saab.com/markets/australia/careers/saab-life
Click ‘Apply’ to submit your CV and cover letter in support of your application. You may contact our careers team at email@example.com for a copy of the full position description.
Saab Australia is an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourages Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders to apply. We also welcome applications from individuals with culturally diverse backgrounds.
Saab Australia is a proud supporter of the Veterans’ Employment Program and welcomes the interest of ex-service members, veterans and their families.