Saab Australia is a defence, security and cyber solutions provider, specialising in the development and integration of major defence and security systems. For over 30 years in Australia, we have built a reputation for delivering complex systems integration projects that provide proven and advanced capabilities to keep us ahead of today’s challenges.
From combat, communications, security and underwater systems, to mixed reality, cyber security and deployable health solutions, our extensive portfolio of products and services provide high-technology solutions for defence forces and civil industries across the globe.
Apply today to join our crew and deliver solutions with purpose.
As part of our Land group, the System Engineer supports the Engineering Manager in design activities including workshops, supplier reviews, the derivation of requirements of products, implementation and verification & test, for Saab’s Deployable Health Capability and other Land programs as appropriate.
Further, the successful candidate(s) will:
- Identify, develop, and manage requirements for systems, sub-systems and product components.
- Derive system requirements, define the test requirements and participate in and/or manage the conduct of system design and system requirements reviews
- Conduct the development of candidate solutions against requirements including their optimisation and present the solution in design reviews
- Prepare for the transition of product development to installation and support including the identification and establishment of support environments
- Conduct the system detailed design analysis to identify the optimum design for the defined architecture
- Ensure all system design artefacts generated are in accordance with appropriate standards and work instructions including compliance with the required product change management and quality control processes
- Assure the integration and validation of system designs with physical and functional properties, including the integration and validation plans and reports
Your skills and experience will include:
- Tertiary qualifications in engineering or related technical discipline
- Demonstrated experience in producing and reviewing technical documentation
- Demonstrated experience of engineering in a Defence Regulatory or equivalent environment (e.g. LMSM, aerospace, transport, infrastructure).
- Demonstrated awareness and ability to address whole of system requirements and design issues such as environmental, EMI/C, safety and ILS, as well as business and commercial needs
- Demonstrated experience in the full systems engineering lifecycle
- Well-developed written, oral and interpersonal communication skills, with the ability to work with others in a team environment
As Defence security clearance is required for this role, applicants must be Australian citizens and eligible to obtain and maintain appropriate clearance.
Culture and benefits
We employ over 600 Australians and are committed to fostering a culture of excellence and enriching the employee experience.
By joining Saab, you’ll be a part of a collaborative and supportive organisation, where your professional growth and work-life balance are emphasised. You’ll work within an innovative and vibrant workplace, while having the opportunity to develop a long-term, fulfilling career.
For further information about at career at Saab, visit the page adjacent: https://www.saab.com/markets/australia/careers/saab-life
Click ‘Apply’ to submit your CV and cover letter in support of your application. You may contact our careers team at email@example.com for a copy of the full position description. Kindly observe that this is an ongoing recruitment process and in exceptional circumstances, the position might be filled before the closing date of the advertisement. We encourage applications as early as possible to avoid disappointment.
Saab Australia is an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourages Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders to apply. We also welcome applications from individuals with culturally diverse backgrounds.
Saab Australia is a proud supporter of the Veterans’ Employment Program and welcomes the interest of ex-service members, veterans and their families.