Do you want to work with the development of world-class Command and Control Systems? Are you dedicated to develop the best system of system solutions, enjoy working in teams and act as a technical lead in projects?
If so, take the opportunity to join SAAB when we expand in the development of Air- and Marine Command and Control Systems. We offer you a unique tailor-made competence program to give you the best start in your new position.
To work with system integration means that you have to understand the system behavior, perform trouble-shooting in all components and parts of the system. You are typically working in a lab with reference systems. To be a skilled integration engineer and stay one means you have to know a wide range of systems, components and tools. Therefore you and your integration colleagues work together a lot. This work includes communication in various forms, both internally and externally (with customer, sub-suppliers and stakeholders). Hence, to do well in this role you need excellent Swedish and English skills, both verbally and in writing.
Would you like to know more about the Saab-life and the benefits of joining us? Read our People Philosophy.
Tasks will include:
- Plan, estimate integration work. Improve our processes, activities and operations continuously.
- Network configuration and parametrization
- Drive Trouble-shooting activities
- Integration testing, Automation
- Perform system installations
- Develop installation procedures (OS configuration etc.)
- Implementation of system security
The Systems Integration engineer shall also support a number of activities in project/product development, such as:
- Definition of a system architecture including HW
- Setting to Work (on-site installations) activities
- Support Systems Engineers & trials for System solutions for new and modified functionality
- Support in test and verification activities
- Participation in customer activities within area of expertise
- Senior: product roadmap and strategy work
To thrive in these roles, you are a self-motivated person with great communication skills. You are used to efficiently collaborating with team members as well as other stakeholders. You are structured and have a confident mindset enabling you to adapt to circumstances. You are eager to learn and are continuously seeking for new knowledge. You have a Bachelor degree in engineering, computer science or similar.
You have at least 5 years of experience within complex system integration (both manual and automation). You will be offered a tailored education of our Command and Control Systems.
Required skills in some or all of the following:
- Network router and switch configuration
- Compilers and CM-tool
- Database handling
- Basic programming skills (Java, C++, C, Ada)
- Advanced scripting skills (Python, Shell/bash, Powershell, bat-script)
- Basic IT security, logg handling, hardening, firewalls, IP-tables
- Linux file systems
- Deployment (installation tools and mechanisms)
- Virtualization (VMware, KVM)
- Windows 10 (and also some older Windows versions)
- Windows Server 2012 R2
- Active Directory, ADDS, Group Policy Processing
- Public Key Infrastructure
- Microsoft Deployment Toolkit 2013 U2
- Windows Deployment Server
This position requires that you pass a security vetting based on the current regulations around/of security protection. For positions requiring security clearance additional obligations on citizenship may apply.
What you will be a part of
You will work with development of our world-class command and control systems within the air and marine domain. The systems have been developed over years and includes high-end functionality tailored for our customers. Our systems can be described as the central operator- or decision maker hub, collecting information from many different sensors and presenting the current situation for the operator to coordinate the defense units in order to maintain the air space and sea surface sovereignty. We deliver to both Swedish and international customers. Business Area Surveillance provides efficient solutions for safety and security, for surveillance and decision support, and for threat detection and protection.
The portfolio covers airborne, ground-based and naval radar, electronic warfare, combat systems and C4I solutions, and Cyber Security.
At our division Operation Sweden, you will be part of developing our world-class Combat Systems and C4I Solutions. You will collaborate with experienced engineers and professionals in an environment that fosters career development and personal growth. You will be part of the C2S unit who develop command & control systems for air, naval and land domains. The team you will join consists primarily engineers based in Järfälla. C2S is part of the Business Area Surveillance. Please apply with CV and Cover letter in Swedish or English.
Kindly observe that this is an ongoing recruitment process and that the position might be filled before the closing date of the advertisement.
Read more about us here
If you aspire to help create and innovate whilst developing yourself in a challenging team setting, Saab may well have the perfect conditions for you to grow. We pride ourselves on a nurturing environment, where everyone is different yet we share the same goal – to help protect people.