Systems Safety Engineer
Saab Australia is a defence, security and cyber solutions provider, specialising in the development and integration of command and control systems. For over 30 years in Australia, we have built a reputation for achieving complex systems integration projects that deliver proven and advanced capabilities to keep us ahead of today’s complex challenges.
From combat, communications and security systems, to mixed reality, cyber security and deployable health solutions, our extensive portfolio of products and services provide high-technology solutions for defence forces and civil industries across the globe.
Apply today to join our crew and deliver solutions with purpose.
As part of our Maritime group, the Systems Safety Engineer, independently performs complex safety engineering tasks on the design, development, documentation, verification and support of Navy Combat Systems, including Saab’s own Combat Management System.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Performing system safety program tasks according to system safety program plans, including both functional and physical hazard analysis and management
- Performing design evaluation, engineering change and System Problem Report (SPR) safety analyses
- Preparing and maintaining preliminary hazard lists and hazard analyses
- Producing safety assessment and safety case reports
- Participating in and supporting system safety working groups
- Reporting system safety issues to stakeholders
- Maintaining system requirements and mitigating controls safety status, verification and traceability
- Developing System Safety Program Plans that are commensurate with scope, complexity and life-cycle stage
Please note we are happy for this role to be based out of either our Adelaide (Mawson Lakes) or Melbourne (Hawthorn) offices.
As an ideal candidate for the role, you will possess
- Tertiary qualifications in engineering or related technical discipline
- Knowledge and experience related to Safety Engineering in complex, software intensive systems
- Current knowledge about contemporary safety engineering process, standards, principles and best practice, particularly MIL-STD-882E or IEC 61508
- Experience in the development or support of complex systems in the Defence domain or similarly regulated industry
- Experience in working with multi-discipline teams, customers and stakeholders.
- Well-developed written, oral and interpersonal communication skills, with a proven ability to work effectively with others in a team environment.
As Defence security clearance is required for this role, applicants must be Australian citizens and eligible to obtain and maintain NV1 clearance.
Culture and benefits
We employ over 500 Australians and are committed to fostering a culture of excellence and enriching the employee experience.
By joining Saab, you’ll be a part of a collaborative and supportive organisation, where your professional growth and work-life balance are emphasised. You’ll work within an innovative and vibrant workplace, while having the opportunity to develop a long-term, fulfilling career.
For further information about at career at Saab, visit the page adjacent: https://www.saab.com/markets/australia/careers/saab-life
Click ‘Apply’ to submit your CV and cover letter in support of your application. You may contact our careers team at email@example.com for a copy of the full position description.
Saab Australia is an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourages Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders to apply. We also welcome applications from individuals with culturally diverse backgrounds.
Saab Australia is a proud supporter of the Veterans’ Employment Program and welcomes the interest of ex-service members, veterans and their families.