Team Lead Mechanical Engineering
Saab Australia is a defence, security and cyber solutions provider, specialising in the development and integration of major defence and security systems. For over 30 years in Australia, we have built a reputation for delivering complex systems integration projects that provide proven and advanced capabilities to keep us ahead of today’s challenges.
From combat, communications, security and underwater systems, to mixed reality, cyber security and deployable health solutions, our extensive portfolio of products and services provide high-technology solutions for defence forces and civil industries across the globe.
Apply today to join our crew and deliver solutions with purpose.
As part of our Underwater group, the Team Lead Mechanical Engineering will be responsible for providing support to Underwater Group projects and lead, manage and guide the Mechanical Engineering team.
Further, the successful candidates will:
- Supervise and lead the generating of production data
- Review and support to detailed design
- Facilitate design work undertaken cross-functionally, in close collaboration with adjacent engineering teams and engineering expertise
- Involvement in all phases of product development from gathering and understanding system level requirements, through to preliminary/detailed design and production support for new products, systems and supporting assemblies and equipment
- Manage own and team performance when undertaking engineering activities with regards to meeting the assigned project requirements
- Safeguard the integrity of the engineering processes by following the defined technical processes and, where applicable, suggesting process innovation and improvement
You will have a formal Tertiary Qualification in Mechanical Engineering and extensive industry experience, preferably defence related. You also have demonstrated successful experience in a leadership role and the ability to train and mentor other engineers.
Your skills and experience will include:
- Proficiency in the use of CAD tools
- Demonstrated competency in designing and developing ruggedized hardware and manufacturing and production support
- Knowledge in applicable ISO standards
- Understanding of Configuration Management principles, Product Lifecycle Management and Quality system requirements such as ISO 9001
- Understanding of the lifecycles of small to medium sized electrical hardware defence projects and appreciation of associated processes and levels of responsibilities
As Defence security clearance is required for this role, applicants must be Australian citizens and eligible to obtain and maintain appropriate clearance.
Culture and benefits
We employ over 500 Australians and are committed to fostering a culture of excellence and enriching the employee experience.
By joining Saab, you’ll be a part of a collaborative and supportive organisation, where your professional growth and work-life balance are emphasised. You’ll work within an innovative and vibrant workplace, while having the opportunity to develop a long-term, fulfilling career.
For further information about at career at Saab, visit the page adjacent: https://www.saab.com/markets/australia/careers/saab-life
Click ‘Apply’ to submit your CV and cover letter in support of your application. You may contact our careers team at firstname.lastname@example.org for a copy of the full position description.
Saab Australia is an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourages Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders to apply. We also welcome applications from individuals with culturally diverse backgrounds.
Saab Australia is a proud supporter of the Veterans’ Employment Program and welcomes the interest of ex-service members, veterans and their families.