SAAB is a global high-technology company that offers world-leading solutions and services in defence, aviation, space and civil security. At Saab, we constantly look ahead and push boundaries. We collaborate with colleagues around the world who all share our challenge – to keep people and society safe. SAAB is a company with opportunities. A company where we see diversity as an asset and where you have both considerable responsibility as well as good opportunities for advancing in your career. Additionally, SAAB is a company that respects each person’s needs for a rewarding life beyond work.
You will be part of Public Safety Solutions (PSS), which develops advanced software applications and solutions for mission critical control room operations including for Police, Emergency Services and Airports. As a Team Manager, you will be responsible for a team of about 20 software engineers located in Hull and across the UK.
You will work in close cooperation with PSS teams in UK and Sweden as well as other Team Managers and project managers to optimise resource planning, ensure we have the right capabilities, effective communications and good working practices.
Our teams and people are the core of what we do, delivering our products and solutions. The purpose of the line organisation is to enable employees to achieve their best in order to deliver great results for our customers. You will be familiar with in an Agile organisation and how a Team Manager interacts with other roles such as Scrum Masters, Product Owners and Project Managers.
We are looking for ‘servant leaders’ who are passionate about what they do and use their inner motivation as a guide to do the right thing for the organisation. To be successful in this role you will have a collaborative leadership style, excellent communication skills, the ability to coach and mentor others to succeed and support their career development and growth.
This is a hybrid position, and you will be needed to visit the Hull office on a regular basis.
- Line management of developers, working in autonomous agile teams
- Ensuring the necessary skills and competencies to ensure successful delivery for our customers.
- Supporting the recruiting and onboarding talented engineers.
- Collaborating with other Team Managers and senior managers to create an open, innovative and inclusive work environment.
- Planning and forecasting of resource capacity, skills and competencies.
- Coaching and supporting individual team members to succeed and develop their careers.
- Managing individual performance plans and facilitate long-term performance and feedback conversations.
- Managing cost centre budgeting, forecasting and monitoring.
- Ensuring and good working practices across and within teams.
- Ensuring all employees maintain and develop a personal training plan and supporting them to realise development goals.
- Supporting adherence to quality standards and processes.
- An appropriate professional/degree level qualification. Technical background and/or education would be an advantage but not essential.
- Good experience of leading and coaching people, ideally in an IT or Software Development organisation
- A continuous improvement mindset.
- Knowledge and experience of Agile organisations and enabling autonomous, self-managing teams.
- The ability to combine strategic thinking with operational actions.
- A ‘servant leader’, able to coach and motivate others to achieve their best.
- Experience of change management
- Ability to work under pressure and to meet tight deadlines.
- Excellent written and verbal communication.