Are you interested in technology and technical documentation? Do you want to help develop our technical information for future requirements and technical platforms?
As a Technical author you will be perform all work related to technical documentation. In addition to writing and editing technical information you will be involved in planning, data harvest and to structure information and outline illustrations. The goal is to always describe complex technical systems in a clear and simple way.
- Plan and develop technical information within our development projects, or in upgrades of existing products.
- Collect and make use of technical source data from multiple sources, including design specifications, schematics, COTS suppliers, and hands-on use of the products.
- Integrate source data and write clear, concise, and structured technical procedures using engineering inputs
- Specify and handle illustrations.
- Interpret and comply with military standards for technical writing in our software environment.
- Acquire technical knowledge of our products to improve the effectiveness of the technical information.
- Develop and improve best practices and participate in process improvements.
We believe that you are an open and outgoing person who can easily cooperate in both small and large projects. You have the ability to grasp complex information, to evaluate and structure it, and adapt it to different target groups. You are service-minded and enjoy collaborating in a team environment. You are methodical, able to follow processes, and you have attention to details.
Required skills and experiences:
- Post-secondary education
- Interest in technology
- Excellent communication skills in Swedish and English, verbal and written
- Experience in technical writing
- Knowledge regarding processes, routines and general ways of working when developing publications
- Experience in using UpTime or similar XML-based content management system
- Experience of S1000D architecture
- Experience of translation work
This position requires that you pass a security vetting based on the current regulations around/of security protection. For positions requiring security clearance additional obligations on citizenship may apply.
What you will be a part of
Saab is a leading defence and security company with an enduring mission, to help nations keep their people and society safe. Empowered by its 18,000 talented people, Saab constantly pushes the boundaries of technology to create a safer, more sustainable and more equitable world.
At business area Dynamics, all employees share the same mission: to create conditions for a safe society. Whether it's missile systems, underwater technology, camouflage solutions, support weapons, training systems or field hospitals, you are part of this mission. We work in close cooperation in developing, manufacturing and maintaining our world-leading products, systems and solutions for customers worldwide. Read more about us here.
You will be part of a team that provides technical information within the Development Unit of Saab Dynamics. The unit is located in Linköping and Karlskoga, but your main workplace will be in Linköping.
Kindly observe that this is an ongoing recruitment process and that the position might be filled before the closing date of the advert. Observe that you can send us your application in either Swedish or English.
Saab is a company with a strong people-orientation. We offer a friendly work environment where we support and help each other to be at our best. Continuous learning, career & talent development and employee well-being are examples of areas where we always put the strongest effort to offer great opportunities.