Technical Information Engineer
Saab Kockums is looking for engineers with a big interest in writing and developing a range of technical documentation (print and digital) relating to our platforms.
To be successful you have to be driven, curious and being able to work closely with software and hardware engineers to develop new and updating existing documentation. Within your role, you will be responsible for creating and updating product information based on various forms of input for new and exciting products from different sources. As such, we are looking for candidates who are good problem solvers, thorough, and good at meeting and keeping deadlines.
Further, the successful candidate will:
- Write and edit large complex documents to an advanced level
- Produce illustrations to an advanced level
- Apply defence industry best practice and trends in technical writing
- Develop product operation and maintenance manuals as required
- Review and edit documents from technical writer peers and other team members
- Validate documentation against the product
Work experience in technical writing or technical information area:
- Work experience in the Swedish defence or defence industry
- Good ability in multi-tasking and independent problem solving
- Knowledge in XML, and common DTDs and SCHEMAs used for technical documents
Your skills and experience will include:
- Technical background: MSc, BSc, Technical officer or similar
- Writing in plain English and Swedish
- Knowledge in Simplified Technical English is meritorious
- Knowledge in S1000D is meritorious
- Uptime 4 S1000D
- DIS Backbone
Adobe Creative suite:
- Adobe Indesign
- Adobe Photoshop
- Adobe Illustrator
- Adobe Acrobat Pro
- Adobe FrameMaker 12/2017/2019
- Creo Illustrate
- Excel (advanced)
This position requires that you pass a security vetting based on the current regulations around/of security protection. For positions requiring security clearance additional obligations on citizenship may apply.
What you will be a part of
We work with technical information in the digitized fore front in XML-based authoring tools. We offer you a challenging work within the defence industry and professional teams working in long term projects, both in Malmö and Karlskrona.
Last application day: 2021-11-03
Kindly observe that this is an ongoing recruitment process and that the position might be filled before the closing date of the advertisement.
If you aspire to help create and innovate whilst developing yourself in a challenging team setting, Saab may well have the perfect conditions for you to grow. We pride ourselves on a nurturing environment, where everyone is different yet we share the same goal – to help protect people.