Technical Officer - Electronics
At Saab Australia, we’re pioneering Australia’s defence capability with ongoing development of advanced defence and security technologies. Saab develops everything from combat, communications and security systems, to mixed reality cyber security and deployable health solutions.
For over 30 years, we have built a proud reputation of driving solutions that keep us ahead of today’s complex challenges and we are now seeking our employees-of-tomorrow to join our thinking edge, as we head towards our next innovative chapter. Apply today to join our crew and deliver solutions with purpose.
Working with our Maritime group, the Technical Officer – Electronics will play a key role in the upkeep and development of Saab’s 9LV combat system across the full RAN surface fleet. This will include testing, diagnosing, repairing, maintaining and upgrading a wide range of electronic, electrical and electro-mechanical equipment.
Further, the successful candidate will:
- Support, repair, maintain and upgrade ANZAC and LHD Command and Control, Fire Control and Primary Search Radar equipment for ship and shore installations
- Perform a lead role in offsite activities, including management of sub-contractors
- Lead or assist in test, acceptance and set to work of hardware at factory and ship/shore installations
- Produce and validate technical documentation including test procedures, test reports and closing reports
- Perform hardware maintenance and support work in the Saab Workshop and test sites
- Undertake frequent interstate and/or overseas travel, sometimes at short notice
Your skills and experience will include:
- Good general knowledge of electronic components and the correct use and care of general purpose test equipment
- Sound knowledge of safety practices related to electronic and electrical equipment
- Circuit and wiring fault finding in PC and industrial computing bus systems (cPCI, VME)
- Diagnosis and repair of circuit card assemblies to component level
- Repair and maintenance of radar equipment
- Accurate report/technical writing
- Certificate IV in Electronics and Communications or related discipline (essential)
- Diploma of Electronics and Communications Engineering (desirable)
As a NV1 defence security clearance is required for this role, applicants must be Australian citizens and eligible to obtain and maintain appropriate clearance.
Culture and benefits
We employ over 500 Australians and are committed to fostering a culture of excellence and enriching the employee experience. By joining Saab, you’ll be a part of a collaborative and supportive organisation, where your professional growth and work-life balance are emphasised. You’ll work within an innovative and vibrant workplace and have the opportunity to develop a long-term, fulfilling career.
For further information on our offering, you may visit the page adjacent: https://www.saab.com/markets/australia/careers/saab-life
Click ‘Apply’ to submit your CV and cover letter in support of your application. You may contact our careers team at firstname.lastname@example.org for a copy of the full position description.
Saab Australia is an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourages Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders to apply. We also welcome applications from individuals with culturally diverse backgrounds.
Saab Australia is a proud supporter of the Veterans’ Employment Program and welcomes the interest of ex-service members, veterans and their families.