Technical Officer – Field Services
As part of our Maritime group, the Technical Officer is responsible for testing, diagnosing, repairing, maintaining and upgrading a wide range of electronic, electrical and electro-mechanical equipment on board vessels, in test sites and workshop environments.
Further, the successful candidate will:
- Participate in the ongoing support, repairs, maintenance and upgrade of Combat Management System including Fire Control System and Primary Search Radar equipment for ship and shore installations.
- Conduct test, acceptance and set to work of hardware at factory and ship/shore installations, as per delegated authority.
- Take an active role in the hardware maintenance and support work carried out in the Saab Workshop and test sites.
- Contribute to the design, prototype, test and installation of electronic developments.
- Production of technical documentation such as reports, system and sub-system specifications.
- Frequent travel interstate and/or overseas.
Flexible work arrangements such as 9 day fortnight and part time will be considered for this role.
Your skills and experience will include:
- 3 to 5 years industry experience in a similar environment, supporting medium subsystems or group of smaller subsystems and/or equipment.
- Experience with workmanship inspection and adherence to stipulated standards.
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office Suite.
- Experience in circuits and wiring fault finding and commercial and industrial computing systems.
- Experience in field fault diagnosis and repair of electronic and electrical equipment
- Certificate III in Electronics and Communications Engineering (or related discipline)
A Defence security clearance is required for this role, applicants must be Australian citizens and eligible to obtain and maintain an NV1 clearance.
Saab Australia is a defence, security and cyber solutions provider, specialising in the development and integration of major defence and security systems. For over 30 years in Australia, we have built a reputation for delivering complex systems integration projects that provide proven and advanced capabilities to keep us ahead of today’s challenges.
From combat, communications, security and underwater systems, to mixed reality, cyber security and deployable health solutions, our extensive portfolio of products and services provide high-technology solutions for defence forces and civil industries across the globe.
Apply today to join our crew and deliver solutions with purpose.
Culture and benefits
We employ over 700 Australians and are committed to fostering a culture of excellence and enriching the employee experience.
By joining Saab, you’ll be a part of a collaborative and supportive organisation, where your professional growth and work-life balance are emphasised. You’ll work within an innovative and vibrant workplace, while having the opportunity to develop a long-term, fulfilling career.
For further information about at career at Saab, visit the page adjacent: https://www.saab.com/markets/australia/careers/saab-life
Click ‘Apply’ to submit your CV and cover letter in support of your application. You may contact our careers team at firstname.lastname@example.org for a copy of the full position description. Kindly observe that this is an ongoing recruitment process and that the position might be filled before the closing date of the advertisement.
Saab Australia is an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourages Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders to apply. We also welcome applications from individuals with culturally diverse backgrounds.
Saab Australia is a proud supporter of the Veterans’ Employment Program and welcomes the interest of ex-service members, veterans and their families.