Saab Australia is a defence, security and cyber solutions provider, specialising in the development and integration of major defence and security systems. For over 30 years in Australia, we have built a reputation for delivering complex systems integration projects that provide proven and advanced capabilities to keep us ahead of today’s challenges.
From combat, communications, security and underwater systems, to mixed reality, cyber security and deployable health solutions, our extensive portfolio of products and services provide high-technology solutions for defence forces and civil industries across the globe.
Apply today to join our crew and deliver solutions with purpose.
We currently have a number of genuine opportunities and are seeking experienced Technical Officers to join our Land & Aerospace group.
These roles will be key members of a technical team responsible for maintaining, fault finding, repairing, testing and upgrading a wide range of electronic, electrical and mechanical systems associated with Ground Based Air Defence and Radar (GBADR) systems under the In Service Support (ISS) Contract and other Land and Aerospace projects.
Further, the successful candidate(s) will:
- Provide technical support for the following equipment (to include, Repairs, Maintenance, Upgrades and Training):
- GIRAFFE Agile Multi Beam (AMB) Radar
- GIRAFFE Training System
- AN/TPQ-49 Radar
- Tactical Command and Control System (TaCCS)
- Deployable Warning and Alerting Systems (DWAS)
- RBS-70 Air Defence System
- Support the GBADR Maintenance Manager and ILS Managers in the development of in-service support deliverables
- Provide technical support to Capture/Bid Managers during development of proposals and papers for prospects
- Support test, acceptance and set to work of associated software and hardware
- Produce and/or validate technical documentation including test procedures, test reports and closing reports
We are seeking those with experience and qualifications such as:
- Relevant Industry maintenance or manufacturing experience, or relevant ADF experience.
- Recent and extensive operator or maintainer experience with radar or air defence systems in the ADF or defence industry
- Experience in various computer operating systems, including Windows and LINUX
- Ability to read and understand basic circuit and block diagrams and follow the instructions contained in technical manuals and test procedures
- Repair and/or maintenance experience with relevant electronic, electrical or mechanical systems, either as a maintainer or operator
- Certificate III or higher in Electronics and Communications, Electrotechnology Electrician, Engineering, or an equivalent and relevant qualification
Don’t meet 100% of the criteria? That’s more than OK… If the prospect of this role excites you and you have the foundational experience, desire and attitude to take on the challenge, then we encourage you to apply.
Culture and Benefits
We employ over 700 Australians and are committed to fostering a culture of excellence and enriching the employee experience.
By joining Saab, you’ll be a part of a collaborative and supportive organisation, where your professional growth and work-life balance are emphasised. You’ll work within an innovative and vibrant workplace, while having the opportunity to develop a long-term, fulfilling career.
For further information about at career at Saab, visit the page adjacent: https://www.saab.com/markets/australia/careers/saab-life
Click ‘Apply’ to submit your CV and cover letter in support of your application. You may contact our careers team at email@example.com for a copy of a relevant position description. Kindly observe that this is an ongoing recruitment process and in exceptional circumstances, the position might be filled before the closing date of the advertisement. We encourage applications as early as possible to avoid disappointment.
To work at Saab you must comply with Defence Industry security requirements (i.e. you will be an Australian citizen and able to meet eligibility requirements).
Saab Australia is an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourages Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders to apply. We also welcome applications from individuals with culturally diverse backgrounds.
Saab Australia is a proud supporter of the Veterans’ Employment Program and welcomes the interest of ex-service members, veterans and their families.