Technical Officers x2 – Land Defence Systems
Saab Australia is a defence, security and cyber solutions provider, specialising in the development and integration of command and control systems. For over 30 years in Australia, we have built a reputation for achieving complex systems integration projects that deliver proven and advanced capabilities to keep us ahead of today’s complex challenges.
From combat, communications and security systems, to mixed reality, cyber security and deployable health solutions, our extensive portfolio of products and services provide high-technology solutions for defence forces and civil industries across the globe.
Apply today to join our crew and deliver solutions with purpose.
As part of our Land group, the Technical Officers will play a key role in furthering the development and sustainment of Saab’s ground based air defence solutions. This will entail testing, diagnosing, repairing, maintaining and upgrading a wide range of electronic, electrical and mechanical equipment primarily associated with the Ground Based Air Defence & Radar (GBADR) and Carl Gustaf in service support (ISS) projects.
Further, the successful candidates will:
- Provide repairs, maintenance, upgrades and training for the following equipment: Giraffe AMB / AMB PSR and associate training system, AN/TPQ-49 Radar, RBS-70 Air Defence System, and the Carl Gustaf system
- Assume a supporting role to the GBADR Senior Technical Officer and Systems Engineering Manager in off-site activities
- Support the GBADR Support Service Manager and ILS Managers in the development of ISS deliverables
- Provide technical support to Capture/Bid Managers during development of proposals and papers for prospects
- Support test, acceptance and set to work of associated software and hardware
- Prepare opening documentation, including Job Safety Environmental Analysis Plans that identify and mitigate hazards and risks
- Produce and/or validate technical documentation including test procedures, test reports and closing reports
Your skills and experience will include:
- Cert 4 in Electronics and Communications Engineering (or related discipline) including experience in the following areas:
- Circuit and wiring fault finding in PC and industrial computing bus systems
- Diagnosis and repair of circuit card assemblies to component level
- Repair and maintenance of radar equipment
- Cert 4 in Training and Assessment
- Experience in various computer operating systems, including Windows and Linux
- Have a good general knowledge of electronic components, the correct use and care of general purpose test equipment and general workshop skills
- Sound knowledge of safety practices related to electronic and electrical equipment, especially electrical safety and ESD prevention
- Ability to read circuit diagrams and follow the instructions contained in technical manuals and test procedures
- Refined verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills, with a track record of team based delivery
As Defence security clearance is required for this role, applicants must be Australian citizens and eligible to obtain and maintain an NV1 clearance.
Culture and benefits
We employ over 500 Australians and are committed to fostering a culture of excellence and enriching the employee experience.
By joining Saab, you’ll be a part of a collaborative and supportive organisation, where your professional growth and work-life balance are emphasised. You’ll work within an innovative and vibrant workplace, while having the opportunity to develop a long-term, fulfilling career.
For further information about at career at Saab, visit the page adjacent: https://www.saab.com/markets/australia/careers/saab-life
Click ‘Apply’ to submit your CV and cover letter in support of your application. You may contact our careers team at firstname.lastname@example.org for a copy of the full position description.
Saab Australia is an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourages Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders to apply. We also welcome applications from individuals with culturally diverse backgrounds.
Saab Australia is a proud supporter of the Veterans’ Employment Program and welcomes the interest of ex-service members, veterans and their families.